No announcement yet.

Confirmed : SQ to start flights to DUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to see Madrid reinstated. With TG withdrawing the route it is not connected to south east Asia and it's very well connected to Latin America.

Comment

Can't express how overjoyed I am with DUS!

Comment

I would love to see SQ (back) in BRU...

Comment

Originally posted by inkoherent View Post
          I would love to see SQ (back) in BRU...
          Or a SIN-BRU-ORD routing! Actually, any new SIN-Europe-USA would be nice. But that's just wishful thinking.

SQ should de-link MAN from MUC especially now that CX does MAN-HKG and can offer a one-stop connection to Australia from Manchester.

Comment

Hmm... Just curious. How popular is the MUC - MAN and MAN - MUC route itself for SQ (excluding those coming from/going to SIN)?

Comment

I think splitting MAN and MUC is highly likely given this statement in their recent results briefing:

"And these non-stop operations will provide us with a competitive advantage over anyone who has to stop in between, which means that as we all know, premium traffic, particularly business traffic, would actually prefer non-stops. So that would allow us to actually capture that traffic. There will be a preference for those non-stops."

And this was not speaking about the ULH variant as that was covered separately.

They are also talking up their partnerships with TK and SK so I am expecting to see IST and CPH go daily with the A350 as well as BCN and GRU switching over. MAN and MUC may well split, but I can't see it likely they'd both retain daily frequency.

Comment

Originally posted by orionmiz View Post
                Hmm... Just curious. How popular is the MUC - MAN and MAN - MUC route itself for SQ (excluding those coming from/going to SIN)?
                Very good question. I can think of one regular on the forum who would know so we'll just have to wait for his answer.

For anyone heading to MAN, they'd have a painfully early check-in! With a 0610 departure, you would be leaving a city hotel no later than 0330...

Comment

DUS airport have written up SQ and the new A350 in rather glowing terms (as you'd expect) and are also pushing the concept of onward connections to SE Asia and Australia.

Link for anyone interested is at: https://www.dus.com/de-de/services/n...-nach-singapur (Unfortunately only in German at present.)

Comment

DUS is open for booking on SAA with N class economy saver fares ex-SIN from $1,627

Comment

Originally posted by bent View Post
                      DUS is open for booking on SAA with N class economy saver fares ex-SIN from $1,627
                      That's expensive. SYD-SIN-DUS only starts from A$1850.68 return (N Class)

And remember S$1 > A$1 at the moment.

Comment

If it was scheduled to begin 2 weeks earlier I'd be on the first departure out of DUS. Alas not...

Comment

SQ just announced a direct thrice-weekly service to DUS with the A359. I didn't see this one coming...

Singapore Airlines announces Dusseldorf route

Comment

Originally posted by Spaniard View Post
                            I would love to see Madrid reinstated. With TG withdrawing the route it is not connected to south east Asia and it's very well connected to Latin America.
                            As a Real Madrid fan, I will be trilled to have SQ flying direct to Madrid with a A350!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                              Very good question. I can think of one regular on the forum who would know so we'll just have to wait for his answer.
                              You called.

In Y it actually does quite well during the school holidays when it can be full on MUC-MAN and vv with families going skiing and also when Utd or City are playing Bayern Munich in the champions league. The rest of the year it's a smattering but still a few. On SQ327 its difficult to see who gets on at MAN for MUC as everyone gets on together whether going to MUC or SIN but on the MUC-MAN leg on SQ328 we stay on board and they announce when the new pax are about to board. There is always a handful at least. I'm on SQ328 tomorrow night so I'll see how many get on at MUC.

For anyone heading to MAN, they'd have a painfully early check-in! With a 0610 departure, you would be leaving a city hotel no later than 0330...
                              Yes the MUC-MAN leg is brutally early. I always asked the new girls who join at MUC what time they got up and it's usually 2-3am. MAN-MUC at 08:50-)9;10 is not too bad, save for the Eastbound M56 at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                                If OSL is on the cards, the airport really needs to expand and improve its international (non-schengen) area, especially the immigration queues for incoming flights.
                                Singapore Airlines has always been prudent in selecting its destinations. I don't think Norway, Sweden and Finland figure as high-traffic areas at this point in time. Notice how they always let the competitive carriers open up new markets (eg. Air Seychelles, Finnair, now Fiji Airways, etc).

Comment

Working...
                                X