Aloft San Francisco Airport Hotel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloft San Francisco Airport Hotel

As part of a trip to Europe and the US, I stayed at the Aloft San Francisco Airport hotel, part of the Starwood group, close to SFO, and less than 30 minutes from the city of San Francisco itself.

This has become one of my favourite hotels when visiting the Bay Area, and for me has become much more than an "airport hotel" only useful for a brief overnight / transit stop. I would consider staying here for longer stays in the Bay Area as well, for example if I had work to do in Palo Alto, Redwood City or San Mateo.

This hotel is located just south of SFO. In the picture below, the Aloft is the building with the light blue roof, on the right hand side of this picture, which was taken from SFO on an earlier trip.

This makes it a very convenient 5 minute drive from the airport rental car centre, and is surprisingly quiet considering how close to the airport it is. For those who prefer not to drive, there is a courtesy shuttle that operates between the airport and the hotel.

There is also a path by the waterfront (On the left of the picture above) that is great as a walking/jogging route, where you can watch planes landing or taking off from runways 28L/R...
    Last edited by yflyer; 5 July 2014, 09:56 PM.

The hotel is quite new, and done up in vibrant, lively and trendy decor.

This is the reception...

Bar / lounge area in the lobby...

Recreation / seating area in the lobby...

Comment

The rooms are very good -- modern and new.

Rooms were equipped with large flat screen TV's and spacious work tops.

Comment

There was a self service snack area by the lobby. In the mornings, there was also a kitchen serving hot dishes for breakfast.

In the evenings, there was live music in the lobby/lounge area.

There was also a gym and indoor swimming pool.

What I also liked about the location was an In-N-Out Burger joint, within walking distance, just a short walk across a pedestrian walkway across US 101, or 5 minutes by car.

There was also a large Safeway supermarket 5-10 min away by car, where you could stock up on food, beverages and groceries.

It is also a short (10 min or so) walk from the BART station which gives you an easy way to head into San Francisco.

Comment

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel if you are in need of an airport hotel close to SFO, and also if you need a hotel in the Bay Area as a base to travel to San Mateo, Redwood City, Palo Alto or even further afield.

Comment

I stayed at the aloft next to London City Airport the week before last, for 5nights and my experience mirrors yours.

I had to be at the Excel Centre otherwise Docklands is a little 'out there' but the aloft was set up in pretty much the same way. Comfortable, 5min from the airport, half an hour from the centre of the city and a few minutes walk from DLR. The only thing to disappoint was the breakfast, with limited choices that didn't change my whole stay.

Seems, though, that on these pictures the chain should be setup the same and I would recommend it also.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
              I stayed at the aloft next to London City Airport the week before last, for 5nights and my experience mirrors yours.

I had to be at the Excel Centre otherwise Docklands is a little 'out there' but the aloft was set up in pretty much the same way. Comfortable, 5min from the airport, half an hour from the centre of the city and a few minutes walk from DLR. The only thing to disappoint was the breakfast, with limited choices that didn't change my whole stay.

Seems, though, that on these pictures the chain should be setup the same and I would recommend it also.
              Thanks for sharing your experiences, scooby5! Nice to know the Aloft brand is consistent across different properties.

I'm usually at one of the Hiltons when I am in London (The Hilton Euston is my favourite, but I am thinking of switching allegiance to the Hilton Hyde Park. Although the rooms are older, it is right next to Hyde Park -- good for jogs, and also to some really good Roast Duck Rice...).

Will look out to see if the Aloft pops up on any of the corporate/online booking sites I use...so far I am quite impressed with the Aloft branding and concept...

Would you (or anyone else on this forum) have recommendations for a Starwood property in London? Ideally mid-price and in a good location...

Comment

Working...
              X