No announcement yet.

Confirmed: SQ to restart SQ21/22 to EWR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WiFi working 'properly' on my SQ21 return leg - can't run speed test as yet but web browsing and emails and some downloads running smoothly, I would estimate 2Mbps at the moment although it's a bit stop-and-start.

Comment

• Pics look great - thank you for posting guys! I can see some familiar faces.

I am so sad that I couldn't make it - it was a bit sad sitting at B8 the next day.

@djsflynn - are you staying in Singapore before heading off to Sydney?

Comment

• Derek: nope, going straight though. Arrival into SIN currently projected at 4.30pm (an hour ahead of schedule) – quick phone interview with an AU radio station, having just stepped off world's longest flight but down the back of the (Air)bus – quick shower & shave, meeting with an airline PR rep, file a story if I have time, then grab some kopi-c and kaya toast (hopefully there's a Ya-Kun at T3? I believe there is one at T2) - then onto the overnight SIN-SYD flight. It's all go-go-go, I'm starting to wish I took up the option of an overnight at the Crowne Plaza and a flight back to Sydney on Tuesday!

Comment

• Originally posted by djsflynn View Post
          Derek: nope, going straight though. Arrival into SIN currently projected at 4.30pm (an hour ahead of schedule) – quick phone interview with an AU radio station, having just stepped off world's longest flight but down the back of the (Air)bus – quick shower & shave, meeting with an airline PR rep, file a story if I have time, then grab some kopi-c and kaya toast (hopefully there's a Ya-Kun at T3? I believe there is one at T2) - then onto the overnight SIN-SYD flight. It's all go-go-go, I'm starting to wish I took up the option of an overnight at the Crowne Plaza and a flight back to Sydney on Tuesday!
          Oh dear! Well I think you should sleep quite soundly tonight! I am flying back to Sydney tomorrow morning, I was hoping I could catch you in Singapore (maybe in Sydney instead?).

Comment

• Yeah, these trips can be a bit buy - SYD sounds like more of a go-er!

BTW, nice to briefly meet a few of the SQtalkers on this trip!

Comment

WiFi working 'properly' on my SQ21 return leg - can't run speed test as yet but web browsing and emails and some downloads running smoothly, I would estimate 2Mbps at the moment although it's a bit stop-and-start.
              Did you manage to snag one of the single PEY seats in the rear? Those look ideal for solo business travellers.

Comment

• Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                Did you manage to snag one of the single PEY seats in the rear? Those look ideal for solo business travellers.
                I did, they're brilliant!

Comment

• Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                  Pictures of the onboard menu...

The meal service format: two meal services, plus anytime refreshments/snacks...

After take-off...

Midnight onwards...

Matt Moran's selection...

Canyon Ranch selection...

Very amused to see the detailed nutritional content listed for each of the Canyon Ranch selections...at first I was wondering what that string of numbers following each menu item was, looking like internet IP addresses with an extra number, until I noticed the nutritional category key at the bottom of the page...

Other meal selections available for 2nd meal service...

Desserts...

Refreshments...

[Pictures Copyright StarG]
                  I'm actually quite surprised that SQ only serves two full meals on such a long flight. On another carrier (needless to say < 5 stars) for a 15-hour flight, I was served three meals.

Comment

• Originally posted by hybridace101 View Post
                    I'm actually quite surprised that SQ only serves two full meals on such a long flight. On another carrier (needless to say < 5 stars) for a 15-hour flight, I was served three meals.
                    For an airline that gets away with serving not even one full meal on 7-8hr redeye flights, this shouldn’t be surprising.

SQ has figured out that their target clientele prefer to have more rest than lavish meals throughout the flight. As it stands they’re already being criticised for serving the disruptive second meal midway. For those who do require three meals, there’s always a refreshment menu.

Comment

• 9V-SGB have been doing the first 3 SQ22 flights.

Comment

I did, they're brilliant!
                        As I am sure SQ would have happily provided a JCL flight back did you take one for the team there ?.

On a related note, I presume you have heard the next nonstop destination ?

Comment

• Another interesting note on the inflight.
                          https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...ongest-flight/

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                            9V-SGB have been doing the first 3 SQ22 flights.
                            I noticed from FR24 that the first flight was taking north pole route, Russia, North Asia, then on to Singapore :

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/f.../sq21#1e3012e7

whereas the second and third flights were taking Atlantic sea, Europe, middle east, then on to Singapore.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/f.../sq21#1e3b8eb2

Interestingly they have the same flying time, so I guess the second route is much safer, being a two-engines aircraft, in case engine failure the have less alternate place to stop at North Pole, also feel more lonely flying North Pole.

Comment

• a review of my experience on Premium Economy

https://ttotyblog.com/2018/10/18/spe...emium-economy/

my thoughts
                              - it is certainly doable if one can get price sub 2k
                              - although it comes with 38" of pitch, it is quite tough for those from the inside to get out (even without the front seat reclining)
                              - go for bulkhead (or even pay for the EMEX seat) if possible
                              - single travellers should go for the throne seat (but beware of proximity to toilet)
                              - BTC will get your food faster, but you may not get any drinks to go along with it

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
                                I noticed from FR24 that the first flight was taking north pole route, Russia, North Asia, then on to Singapore :

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/f.../sq21#1e3012e7

whereas the second and third flights were taking Atlantic sea, Europe, middle east, then on to Singapore.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/f.../sq21#1e3b8eb2

Interestingly they have the same flying time, so I guess the second route is much safer, being a two-engines aircraft, in case engine failure the have less alternate place to stop at North Pole, also feel more lonely flying North Pole.
                                I'm told that in terms of distance, the north pole route is shorter. However when the tail wind is good, they will fly via the Atlantic-Europe route.

Comment

Working...
                                X