Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confirmed : Regional 772's to get cabin refurb (72A)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why doesn't SQ convert all 777-200 SQx series? There will be 777-200 with 3 class, 2 class old, 2 class new, plus -ER which may not be apparent from GDS listing. This will be confusing.

Comment

From what I understand, not all SQ* series will be undergoing retrofit. Some are already Pre 2000 vintage, and would have been depreciated already. Makes no sense to retrofit them for a short period of time.

From the looks of it, it's most likely the AVOD birds from SQ* & SR* series. Will be interesting to see how to see the final config is like on both variants.

Point to note. 228Y seats which is similar to that on the 73A. I won't be surprised if the 772 (288Y) is deployed in place of the 73A when there isn't any F on both sectors and J loads are low.
      Last edited by Nick C; 5 February 2010, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQJunkie View Post
        Just spill the beans !
        I'm guessing that the new screens will be the ones used on QF's A332s. Minus the touchscreen.

Unless they worked a way to reuse the excess spares from the A345 Y+. (Hope not! )

Comment

Lets see id they remove the SAVER seats from these planes also.

Comment

Originally posted by Lie_flat_seatlover View Post
            Lets see id they remove the SAVER seats from these planes also.
            Why would they? ITs the same product as 330 and 73A, both of which have savers
            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

some of the older 772s n 773s will still be flying for a good 2 to 4 years and its still some way to go with these old seats - and even for the few 744s which will still have 2 yrs to go before they are retired by 2012 - hence for those pax who are flying in these aircrafts will feel somewhat short-changed. SQ should do something abt this - perhaps some refurbishment of sort to the cabins.

Comment

At krisflyer.com, we can still do online redemption of First Class SAVER awards for flights to Hong Kong (SQ866, SQ870) & Beijing (SQ800 & SQ810) which shows B777-200 aircraft, 3 class configuration for far away dates like in Oct 2010.

I'm wondering if we really redeem a SAVER First Class redemption on the above flights now, when the flights get the new refitted B777-200 with only Business & Economy Class later in the months to come, will we be downgraded to Business Class or get transferred to another flight which has First Class seats and they happen to be on B777-300ER left? (Eg: I redeem First Class saver award on SQ866 now, then in May, the aircraft does not have First Class because it got changed to the 2 class one, will I get to transfer to another flight with First Class say SQ860 or SQ2 (B777-300ER) or still on SQ866, but on Business Class instead)? Anyone encountered this before?

Comment

I believe there will have some with F, especially for HKG

But I think the 2-Class 38C and 228Y is a bit odd.

Are the new regional business seats longer than the spacebeds alot?

For those with spacebeds, SQ can put 5 rows between Door 1 and 2. if everything the same, those SQx will have 1 extra row just behild Door 2 which occupied 3 rows of Econ seats area so make it to 228Y.

But according to the SQx old seating plan, without moving the galleys, the new config would be 1DF + 4 rows between Door 1 to 2, and 2 rows after Door 2, are the new seats that long?

I am confused and cannot imagine what the new seating plan look like
                  Last edited by sutrakhk; 5 February 2010, 10:31 PM.

Comment

If there is no difference, please retrofit out the aircraft for flights in this order:

Hong Kong

Shanghai

Beijing

Mumbai

Delhi

Bangalore

Chennai

This makes the most sense, to have a more consistent product, especially for SIN-HKG where an A380 is used on one of the flights.

Comment

Will miss the F Class on the regional flights particularly to PVG. Looks liked the Regional flight except to CGK will become a critically endangered species in many habitats.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                        From what I understand, not all SQ* series will be undergoing retrofit. Some are already Pre 2000 vintage, and would have been depreciated already. Makes no sense to retrofit them for a short period of time.

From the looks of it, it's most likely the AVOD birds from SQ* & SR* series. Will be interesting to see how to see the final config is like on both variants.

Point to note. 228Y seats which is similar to that on the 73A. I won't be surprised if the 772 (288Y) is deployed in place of the 73A when there isn't any F on both sectors and J loads are low.
                        Ah. So the 11 772s to be refitted come from some combination of SQx and SRx birds?

That does change the math......

Comment

Alas, just a bit too late for my next trip! Still, good to see positive changes.

Not worried about lack of F.

Comment

Article from yesterday's BT.

SIA refitting 11 Boeing aircraft for additional comfort
                            By NISHA RAMCHANDANI

SINGAPORE Airlines (SIA) is refitting 11 of its Boeing 777-200 aircraft to provide additional comfort as well as product consistency, with the first newly refitted plane to operate on the Singapore-Shanghai route later this month.

The B777-200s will be reconfigured to 38 business class and 228 economy class seats to give passengers more room. Some of the 11 B777-200 aircraft are currently in a three class configuration with 12 first class seats, 42 business seats and 234 economy seats. The remainder are in a two class configuration, with 30 business class seats and 293 economy seats.

Commenting on whether phasing out the first class seats on some of the 11 planes will affect revenue, vice-president of public affairs Nicholas Ionides said: 'SIA maintains a long-term perspective. This renewal is instead an investment in improving our customers' travel experiences by providing them more space and comfort.'

Business class will feature a leather, incline lie-flat seat as found on SIA's Airbus A330-300 aircraft, which includes a personal partition and advanced control panel to personalise seating preferences. Seats in this class will also have larger 15.4-inch screens.

Meanwhile, the economy class cabin will be improved as well, with Givenchy-designed seat covers - similar to those on SIA's A380 and B777-300ER aircraft - and enhancements to the inflight entertainment system KrisWorld. Screens in economy class will be increased to 9 inches later this year.

Work on some of the aircraft has already commenced and refitting each plane will take between two weeks and two months.

The first refitted B777-200 aircraft will be deployed on the Singapore-Shanghai route from February 23. Meanwhile, selected flights to Beijing, Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Hong Kong and Chennai will also operate these refitted aircraft. The new planes will be incorporated on these routes in phases between April and August.

Comment

Originally posted by sutrakhk View Post
                              I believe there will have some with F, especially for HKG
                              SQ says no.

Comment

deleted
                                Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X