Is VS Clubhouse Access over??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kt74 View Post
    Flying club is also quite possibly the most stingy and inflexible FFP in the world. It makes Krisflyer and BAEC look generous...
    Before the change to SQ SIN-KUL flights, FC used to be one of the easiest FFPs in the world to get top tier status!

As for BAEC, it depends on your circumstances, e.g.

* 25,000 BA miles for an upgrade from WT+ to CW from LHR to anywhere in North America is a pretty good deal (plus availability tends to be quite good) particularly when you earn most of it back (even more so with the silver/gold 25/50% bonus).

* For those based in the UK, BA's tie up with Tesco (and the Amex 241 vouchers) mean that with some planning it's enough to get enough miles for a trip for two each year to somewhere nice, e.g. I've done NRT (J) and NRT (F) in past years and have CPT (F) coming up next month. Some people in the past earnt enough to do that each year without even stepping foot on a plane!

* Eurocheating and (before they were abolished) the BAH-DOH tier point runs etc means that it's pretty easy to get top tier status on BAEC.

Of course none of this comes close to just how generous BD are with their programme...

Comment

Does this mean I'll have to go to some no name lounge when flying SQ25 in F?
      LX lounge closes about an hour before SQ25 departs IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by kkjay77 View Post
        Does this mean I'll have to go to some no name lounge when flying SQ25 in F?
        LX lounge closes about an hour before SQ25 departs IIRC.
        I think that VS CH at JFK is the "official" contract lounge for SQ F passengers, so that should continue to be the case.

All the other VS CH lounge access was based on the wider agreement rather than an airport-specific contract, which is why it is being discontinued with the announcement.

Comment

I could kick myself for not having known about the CH access on my one and only eligible flight out of LHR T3. Instead, I visited the SAS Lounge and the SQ F Lounge. Of the two, I would return to the SAS Lounge if I had to choose between them. More life, more going on, more interesting decor, computers that worked...

Comment

I prefer to hide away in the tranquility of LHR SKL. VSCH is far too busy and crowded.

Comment

I guess I'll just have to fly VS out of LHR to experience the CH.

Flying SQ out of HKG, there's still access to the TG lounge which is rather decent. CH HKG had a v nice bar however.
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                I prefer to hide away in the tranquility of LHR SKL. VSCH is far too busy and crowded.
                Not always! Before SQ321.

LHR VS CH:

LHR SKL C:

Comment

I am new here, but have been reading for many months.

This decision was bound to happen and I am surprised that VS didn't cut off SQ's access as LHR much sooner.

The obvious decision for most of us on here, would be to use the VS lounge as it's far nicer etc etc.

Comment

Everyone looks so happy in that photo of the SKL C section at LHR, don't they? Especially the man in the blue shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                      Not always! Before SQ321.

Ahh, exact evidence as usual. Well, it was during my times there to SKL F. Maybe I was just lucky. The only exception was when one SQ flight ex LHR had a technical fault. Do I need to be more precise in the future to cover all scenarios?
                      Last edited by SQFAN; 26 April 2009, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Not always! Before SQ321. ...
                        Ahh, exact evidence as usual. Well, it was during my times there to SKL F. Maybe I was just lucky. The only exception was when one SQ flight ex LHR had a technical fault. Do I need to be more precise in the future to cover all scenarios?
                        What an unexpected response.

Comment

The proof, as they say, is in the pudding I see a lot more pudding in some places than others...

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
                            The proof, as they say, is in the pudding I see a lot more pudding in some places than others...
                            I blame too much good food...

Comment

I've even got a take-away of the pudding.

Comment

My sources tell me you have a whole lot more than just pudding for your take-away

Originally posted by jhm
                                Presumaly not at the VS CH!

Back on track:
                                Shame that one must now fly VS to gain access to VS CH. Oh, actually QR also uses the VS CH so if one can find a decent fare on QR, that should be a nice alternative to actually flying VS!

Comment

Working...
                                X