SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jul247 View Post
    Won't be surprised if A330 retirement will be brought forward.
    They are tied into lease agreements so it won't be easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
      Based on the “SQ - PEY officially launched” thread aren’t the 3 leased 77W’s actually the newer 2013 batch (SWW, SWY, SWZ)? It could be any 3 but correct me if I’m wrong.
      I am not sure, it seems the information for leased airframes by SQ is scarce. Hopefully someone can advise.

Comment

• Hi All, I think we might have seen the last of the 777-200 operations for SQ.

Although SVE is still parked at the remote stand next to the airport police station, implying its ready for use anytime, can’t really see them going anywhere now. I did think they’d make a good option for use on short repatriation flights (e.g HKG, PVG, CGK...etc)

Comment

• tThere's only 1 772 and 3 772ERs in service or are serviceable. SQ can just early retirement all of them now or to keep 2 772ERs around as back-up planes for a year or two as there should be enough cycles left on these planes before they need to be retired technically if they are not going in for major overhaul.

Comment

• There had been information to the effect that LOT were planning to lease 3 of the 772s (most presumably SVB, SVC & SVE) but realistically I can't see that happening now.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
              They are tied into lease agreements so it won't be easy.
              Sorry, just saw your reply. I think most of the lease agreement comes with early release clauses or further extension if requirement arise. SQ being blue chip customer does possess some bargaining power no doubt when it come to negotiation.

Comment

• Originally posted by jul247 View Post
                Sorry, just saw your reply. I think most of the lease agreement comes with early release clauses or further extension if requirement arise. SQ being blue chip customer does possess some bargaining power no doubt when it come to negotiation.
                However, there's always still a financial penalty for early release from the lease and its more of how much is the penalty going to be.

Comment

• 9V-SRM out on air test now as SQ8877

Comment

• I think it is safe to say that the 777-200/200ERs are gone for good.

It is no longer listed in the fleet section of SQ's website.
                    https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/a...ory/our-fleet/

Comment

• Originally posted by jaywell View Post
                      It is no longer listed in the fleet section of SQ's website.
                      https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/a...ory/our-fleet/
                      Neither are Silk’s 737 MAX 8s!

Comment

• Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
                        Neither are Silk’s 737 MAX 8s!
                        Oops.... What does that signal? Hmmmm.......

Comment

• Boeing 777-300 retirement

Hi what is the latest info on the timeframe for the retirement of SQ's remaining Boeing 777-300s (9V-SYF to 9V-SYL)? I believe SYG and SYK have been retired. Thank you.
                          https://www.facebook.com/FLAPV1/
                          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=11491

Comment

• Based on Summer 2020 schedule, the B773 are headed for reduced operation:
                            1. SIN-CGK rotation: 3 frequencies (5 previously).
                            2. SIN-HKG rotation: 1 frequency (2 previously).
                            3. SIN-MNL rotation: 2 frequencies

No rotation is planned on SIN-HND which were previously served.

So looking at the schedule, the plan was probably just keeping 3 B773 with 2 heading for retirement.

With the COVID19 situation, all the B773 will probably heading for earlier retirement. Or would SIA choose to convert them into freighter plane for SIA Cargo?

Comment

• Originally posted by davidfusq View Post
                              With the COVID19 situation, all the B773 will probably heading for earlier retirement. Or would SIA choose to convert them into freighter plane for SIA Cargo?
                              Unfortunately there is no currently approved passenger-to-freighter conversion for any Boeing 777 variant. No choice here, scrap heap I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
                                Unfortunately there is no currently approved passenger-to-freighter conversion for any Boeing 777 variant. No choice here, scrap heap I guess.
                                Actually there is. For the 77W
                                https://www.flightglobal.com/mro/gec...134817.article

Not for the 773 though as I think the 300T MTOW is too low.

Comment

Working...
                                X