[HKG] SKL at HKIA (post-renovation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HKG] SKL at HKIA (post-renovation)

Apparently, the lounge was just renovated and re-opened about a week-or-so ago...

Here are some pics from the J side (please forgive the quality of the pics )

... and some of the First Class side:

Overall, I think it was much better than before

Thanks for sharing, kras.
    Overall the lounge looks nice, but I like the old lounge seating better than this new side-by-side layout.

Comment

It does look much brighter than it did before.

Comment

The open plan before wasn't bad... but, somehow, I find the installation of the perimeters seem to give the lounge a slightly different feel, a good one somewhat

Maybe it's the new furniture

Comment

:O speechless

Comment

So I don't see any computers are there, is that means all of the computer & desks were gone...? They just expect us to use the handheld devices / laptop to access the internet right...?

Comment

Nah, the computers are on the right hand side on the third picture in business, which is the same place as it was prior to the renovations.

Not sure about the First Class side though - but I am guessing there's no change there either

Comment

seems like the put in even more seats in the F side than before.. with less pax able to use the F lounge now, I wonder why they did this..

Comment

I like the new style

Pity it still does not have windows/sunlight/tarmac views. Go to UA or TG for a lighter, airier experience.

Comment

What exactly have they done to it then ?. It would have to be major to make it even remotely nice. Another SKL where they made absolutely no effort to make it a pleasant experience.

I agree TG lounge is much nicer, can't remember if I've been to the UA lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by Buster CT1K View Post
                      Pity it still does not have windows/sunlight/tarmac views. Go to UA or TG for a lighter, airier experience.
                      Is the food at those lounges better? I find the SKL food quite crappy, other than the ice-cream.

Comment

Its all about the icecream

Who has the best

TG, UA or SQ lounge (what about the CX one too?)

Comment

Originally posted by Buster CT1K View Post
                          Well I think if it is going to have windows/sunlight/tarmac views, it needs to move to another location. The current location actually is right after immigration, hence no way to get any views or natural light at all.

On a side note, even after the renovation, from the pics I still wouldn't waste my time of going in there, much prefer UA and TG lounge.

Comment

Thai lounge now has nestle icecream

Air conditioning is having some trouble keeping the place cool, however the views are very nice.

Comment

I was there (SKL) last week and it had Haagen Dazs so not sure if they changed that very recently.

Comment

Working...
                              X