Thai Airways A340-500 Economy Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thai Airways A340-500 Economy Class

I'm looking for options for my upcoming trip to USA and I noticed that TG uses their A345 to LAX, and from their website I noticed that their EYCL seat pitch is 36". Has anyone flown on their A345 and can verify? 36" sounds rather generous.

Thanks!

Yes it's 36", not many pictures on airliners.net but check here http://www.airliners.net/search/phot...20&thumbnails=
    Price up the Premium Economy fares aswell, last time i check it was not much more than economy fares.

Comment

Definitely 36" . as Sethor says, look up PE fares as well - they're keenly priced with 2-3-2 layout and 42 inches

Comment

Flew that TG flight last month, albeit in J. Nice, powerful bird. Y seemed to be their regular seats on my cursory walkabout on the plane. Y+ seemed quite a reasonable proposition, to be honest, with a separate section and all. Long bloody flight, though...

Comment

They use to do the A345 on the BKK-OSL route when I was based in Norway. Flew in Y and PE quite a few times and the seats are not too bad.
          God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

I used to fly this route with TG very often last time...must say that the Y seat was one of the best and most comfy for such a long flight.

Comment

Flew on their JFK nonstop flight before.

Yes, the seat pitch is 36". But anything above 12 hours will still be tiring. Sometimes, I feel it's better to have a transit half way where you can walk about and stretch.

Not sure about LAX flights, but they pulled down the windows for almost the entire 19 hours - perhaps because of the glaring polar summer outside. I found it quite claustrophobic.

Comment

My last two trips to the USA were both on TG premium Y and it was really comfy. The price is only about USD200 more than economy from where I live.

Economy looks nice and it is quite comfy from what I see. I always walk around during the flight since PE and Y share the same set of toilets and they almost never close those curtains.

Apart from the larger seats with more legroom, you also get better food served on real porcelain. They used to hand us pillows and blankets (more like comforters) from business class. However, the last time I flew, they are now using a single type of blanket for all classes - the cheap static-producing blankets that were previously found only in economy. Now, they just have different colors for each class.

Comment

+1 for TG Premium Eco on this route. Worth it. I was glad I was in PE rather than Y.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                    They use to do the A345 on the BKK-OSL route when I was based in Norway. Flew in Y and PE quite a few times and the seats are not too bad.
                    They still use the A345 on this route occasionally!

Comment

Originally posted by fuu99 View Post
                      My last two trips to the USA were both on TG premium Y and it was really comfy. The price is only about USD200 more than economy from where I live.

Economy looks nice and it is quite comfy from what I see. I always walk around during the flight since PE and Y share the same set of toilets and they almost never close those curtains.

Apart from the larger seats with more legroom, you also get better food served on real porcelain. They used to hand us pillows and blankets (more like comforters) from business class. However, the last time I flew, they are now using a single type of blanket for all classes - the cheap static-producing blankets that were previously found only in economy. Now, they just have different colors for each class.
                      Speaking of blankets, they were not budging when I asked for a second blanket (it was cold and 2 of us were in J), twice, to two different stewardesses. Full flight meant no blankets left... or orders from the top?

Comment

Found a trip report of a TG A345 from CNX to BKK with pixs. Indeed the legroom looks good!

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...ad.main/167468

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                          Speaking of blankets, they were not budging when I asked for a second blanket (it was cold and 2 of us were in J), twice, to two different stewardesses. Full flight meant no blankets left... or orders from the top?
                          Hmmm... which aircraft were you on?

My last A345 was on HS-TLC "Phitsanulok" and almost all of us did not use the blankets. This last flight reminded me of the time I got TGed from the A346 to the dilapidated 744 to Europe and we were all sweating inside as the plane had to wait 40+ minutes for our turn to use the runway.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                            They still use the A345 on this route occasionally!
                            It use to be A345 on the route and A346 on the Monday morning (early Monday morning / late Sunday night, BKK-OSL) for some strange reason. Was good if you ticketed in PE and change the return to the said day, you get the J seats!

They were only suppose to change to the B772 for the Summer schedule so as to have more Y seats but it seems they never really (officially, if that means anything on TG!!) changed it back to the A345.
                            God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by fuu99 View Post
                              Hmmm... which aircraft were you on?

My last A345 was on HS-TLC "Phitsanulok" and almost all of us did not use the blankets. This last flight reminded me of the time I got TGed from the A346 to the dilapidated 744 to Europe and we were all sweating inside as the plane had to wait 40+ minutes for our turn to use the runway.
                              HS-TNB! The 'special' one

"The 60th Anniversary Celebrations of His Majesty's Accession to the Throne"

Comment

Working...
                              X