Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this routing possible?

Hi,

I am trying to book some flights between the UK and Australia with a 1 week stopover in Hong Kong on the way back. I am trying to get this up on the SQ website but it just brings up

"There are no flights available for the criteria you selected. Please change the search criteria and try again."

Can i do the following all on one ticket please?

MAN > SIN > BNE
    BNE > SIN > HKG
    HKG > MUC/FRA > MAN on a Lufthansa codeshare?

I just want to check before i ring them.

Thanks
    Last edited by FN-GM; 3 February 2013, 10:30 PM.

You're not seriously trying to book a complicated itinerary on that clusterf*ck that SQ think counts as a website, are you ?. It won't even let you pick your seats on a simple JCL return, so you've got no chance with something like that.

If you want a stopover in HKG you'd be better off flying CX. If you really want to fly on SQ then book a simple UK-BNE return with a stopover in SIN and buy a seperate SIN-HKG-SIN ticket. If flying SQ is not that important try Expedia or one of those for it.

Comment

Agree with Man Flyer.

SIN-HKG-SIN is best done separately. Or the whole thing w CX. Does CX fly to MAN?

Comment

On the website? Wow.. You're a man who enjoys challenges!

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          You're not seriously trying to book a complicated itinerary on that clusterf*ck that SQ think counts as a website, are you ?. It won't even let you pick your seats on a simple JCL return, so you've got no chance with something like that.

If you want a stopover in HKG you'd be better off flying CX. If you really want to fly on SQ then book a simple UK-BNE return with a stopover in SIN and buy a seperate SIN-HKG-SIN ticket. If flying SQ is not that important try Expedia or one of those for it.
          100% agree with MAN Flyer.
          Do not take up the challenge with the website.. heart seizure or hair loss is a very real threat.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
            Can i do the following all on one ticket please?

MAN > SIN > BNE
            BNE > SIN > HKG
            HKG > MUC/FRA > MAN on a Lufthansa codeshare?
            I think I'm the only person left who hasn't been screwed up by the new website (amazing I know!) but is there a reason for the LH codeshare?

I've never had any luck getting codeshares to give me a "sane" price on the SQ website, old or new. It once wanted to charge me and extra $9000 return for adding FRA-DÜS flights in economy! I could have hired a personal limousine for less...

Is there a reason not to fly HKG > SIN > MAN on SQ? I'd try putting it in just to rule out that it's not the codeshare that's causing you the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
              Agree with Man Flyer.

SIN-HKG-SIN is best done separately. Or the whole thing w CX. Does CX fly to MAN?
              They dont no, they go to LHR

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
              I think I'm the only person left who hasn't been screwed up by the new website (amazing I know!) but is there a reason for the LH codeshare?

I've never had any luck getting codeshares to give me a "sane" price on the SQ website, old or new. It once wanted to charge me and extra $9000 return for adding FRA-DÜS flights in economy! I could have hired a personal limousine for less...

Is there a reason not to fly HKG > SIN > MAN on SQ? I'd try putting it in just to rule out that it's not the codeshare that's causing you the issue.

I am trying to skip a stop to be honest.

If i could go

HKG > MUC > MAN

would be easier than

HKG > SIN > MUC > MAN

It isnt the end of the word though.

I might just get 2 of the below returns.

MAN > MUC > HKG with lufthansa

separate ticket

HKG > BNE with CX

Comment

Try to see if you can get HKG > FRA > MAN if it's LH.

Some of the long-haul craft LH use out of MUC aren't the best, especially the A343. I'd gladly make an extra stop to fly SQ 77W rather than LH 343. Their A380s are fine, but still not up to the standard of SQ, and that's the opinion of the Germans who were sitting around me!

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                  Does CX fly to MAN?
                  Not any more, cargo flights only now. They have threatened a come back a few times, via place like ZRH and DME, but have apparently been talked out of it by BA who insist everyone up North loves transitting at LHR....

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post

I am trying to skip a stop to be honest.

If i could go

HKG > MUC > MAN

would be easier than

HKG > SIN > MUC > MAN
                  While SQ means an extra 'stop' it's not a transit or aircraft change as you do not leave the aircraft at MUC on SQ328 if going to MAN.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    While SQ means an extra 'stop' it's not a transit or aircraft change as you do not leave the aircraft at MUC on SQ328 if going to MAN.
                    I know but one more opportunity to get stuck, i have been stuck on the ground for yonks now on a layover. My past experience scares me!!

Comment

try MAN -AMS HKG - BNE & v.v.

Plenty of options between MAN and AMS, I hope
                      there's nothing more rewarding than flying for free, is there??

Comment

Working...
                      X