Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is SQ taking the A380 out of the SFO via HKG route on March 24th?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is SQ taking the A380 out of the SFO via HKG route on March 24th?

First off, I don't mind it being taken off the SFO route, but honestly, I wonder why they're taking it out...First off, the A380 has more seats compared to the 77W, and SFO-HKG-SIN and v.v. flights are really packed in the Summer. It's a downgrade, but not in the products and services offered (Except for Suites to First Class).

Second of all, I'm a bit jealous, because my dad changed his flight from coming on February 3rd on SQ16 to coming back on Tuesday on SQ2 (A380), while SQ16 (77W) on Tuesday morning is waitlisted for him. NO FAIR I WANNA TRY THE A380 ON SQ FROM SFO ONE TIME!!!!

I guess lower yields in/out of SFO vs elsewhere?

Comment

The frames are needed for SIN-FRA-JFK. The route will be switched back to A388 the following day.

Comment

So it looked to be a temporary swap I believe. Besides, I am guessing SQ used the A380 to HKG and SFO for also Chinese New Year.

Has anyone taken it so far? How are the loads/yields on this route with the A380? I hope it comes back some day...when there are probably more A380s coming along the way.

Comment

I flew sq1 on early jan, not even one seat left vacant !!

Comment

If that be the case, SFO should keep the A380 for S13. I mean come on makes no sense to switch back to 77W for Summer. I guess this also has to do with A380 orders. I could be wrong but the 77W is a nice aircraft by all means.

Comment

Working...
            X