Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They drove away most of the R in the ROI the way they did things, imho

Comment

I'm with TZ on this. TZ is a lowcost carrier.

Try doing this in the US with Southwest and see what they get. They won't even get to negotiate, the TSA officers would have thrown them into a lockup.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
        But duringthe delay at Changi and the resultant confrontation by the chinese passengers, if Scoot would havethe engineers fix the door at the same time, then all this would not have happened although only the flight be delayed.
        I'm certain that if they knew it would take 6 hours to argue with those pax, they would've done the fix then. But I guess they were hoping that the issue would be resolved chop-chop and get the plane off the ground.

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        One doesn't need to look far at a certain airline's website to learn a fine example of a CEO demonstrating how to 'siam' (Hokkien for avoid responsibility)... a problem that they acknowledged since 14 July 2011.
        Can you please re-edit this and re-type it in CAPS and BOLD, Kyo?

Comment

Originally posted by fone View Post
          Since when does a budget airline put you on another airline? (and probably pay much more than the fare the passenger paid).
          Do not think this is necessary true. They tried compensate and put those affect into next day schedule. But passengers would not agreed. It ended up 12 hours delay for the flight using the same aircraft to another destination.

Which way is better? Agreed budget airline may not put passenger to another airline. But usually this is due to delay, aircraft problem but not due to over booking.

Comment

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
            Do not think this is necessary true. They tried compensate and put those affect into next day schedule. But passengers would not agreed. It ended up 12 hours delay for the flight using the same aircraft to another destination.

Which way is better? Agreed budget airline may not put passenger to another airline. But usually this is due to delay, aircraft problem but not due to over booking.
            This is not Airport Tycoon we are playing. Compensation aside, there are carriage rules, organising/revising itinenaries for the affected on the replacement flight insurance, yaddah yaddah. may rhe professionals correct me if I am wrong.

Even if we were to act out your logic, the last TR flight to BKK departs almost the same time as TZ302. SQ 978 leaves 70 minutes later. Putting the offloaded passengers onto the flight might cause downward delays to this flight due to the haggage handling.

I am sure contingencies would have factored for all these and decided on a best case/plan.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
              I'm certain that if they knew it would take 6 hours to argue with those pax, they would've done the fix then. But I guess they were hoping that the issue would be resolved chop-chop and get the plane off the ground.

Can you please re-edit this and re-type it in CAPS and BOLD, Kyo?
              Well, we'd end up going off-topic, wouldn't we?

Maybe you can show us, lol

Comment

actually LCC do transfer their passengers to other airlines - as i remembered abt 4 yrs ago or 5 yrs when Air Asia X started operating to Perth and when one of their aircraft fot AOG and be grounded for more than 12 hours, they actually did transfer its passengers to MH and even some to SIA to SIN and then from SIN to KUL!! My nephew and niece were amongt those flown back by MAS. Totally surprising.
                For Scoot they will hopefully learn from their flights disruptions and see if they could have transferred their passengers onto other LCCs or airlines especially so if its like SIN-BKK which would be around their compensation offer of $200 per passengers and on top of actually flying them again on their next day flight. It may be more cost effective if they then could have transferred and put on their passengers onto other LCC or even legacy carriers for such a short trip.

Comment

AROUND a hundred Chinese Scoot passengers rang their embassy to complain after a flight delay left them stranded at Changi Airport for almost 11 hours.

http://www.relax.com.sg/relax/media/...ot_flight.html

Comment

Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
                    AROUND a hundred Chinese Scoot passengers rang their embassy to complain after a flight delay left them stranded at Changi Airport for almost 11 hours.

http://www.relax.com.sg/relax/media/...ot_flight.html
                    I could somewhat sympathise with them due to it being at ungodly hours, but it still looks kinda silly to hope for a diplomatic intervention. Compensation is the airline's responsibility, and if Scoot can't do it maybe SQ could step in. But it should not be something that could potentially impact Singapore-PRC relations.

Comment

This is very cultural in nature. If you go to China, this is how issues commonly get settled. I have seen occasions where they block access to companies if they feel they have not been fairly compensated or if their rights are infringed - the most interesting example I've heard of is when the construction of a new MNC office cast a shadow on a group of flats that housed army veterans. They were unhappy because to the reduced amount of sunlight (in Singapore we would probably thank them!), and they staged a successful protest by stopping any vehicle going in or out of the construction site. And they do it very professionally by rostering (sp?) residents to do it over the whole day.

Comment

Agreed, it does seem to be cultural. The Australian press has been writing quite a few articles about the wrath of Chinese air passengers, such as this one: http://www.theage.com.au/travel/trav...031-28j45.html
                        There have even been reports of passengers running out onto the tarmac at airports to stage demonstrations. In some ways it makes sense because in such a large populous society with such a massive controlling government, you wouldn't get far by yourself being meek! Not exactly safe or pleasant to be around at the time though...

Comment

Working...
                        X