Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confirmed : Regional 772's to get cabin refurb (72A)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• excuse me, i want to ask.. at august i'll go to Rome. so i see at wikipedia, SIN-ROME is by 9V-SVE ,9v-SVH, 9V-SVO . so i want to ask, do 9V-SVE,SVH,SVO already refurbished ? thank you...

sorry if my english very bad...

Comment

• Originally posted by soner_maniac View Post
      excuse me, i want to ask.. at august i'll go to Rome. so i see at wikipedia, SIN-ROME is by 9V-SVE ,9v-SVH, 9V-SVO . so i want to ask, do 9V-SVE,SVH,SVO already refurbished ? thank you...

sorry if my english very bad...
      Your answer is here:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7473

The plane is a 772ER.

Comment

• oh no... 12 hours with horrible IFE ><. why SQ didn't change the A/C to 77W? or 72A? uhh...

Comment

oh no... 12 hours with horrible IFE ><. why SQ didn't change the A/C to 77W? or 72A? uhh...
          Not popular enough for the 77W and i dont think the 72A have the range as the engines are derated.

Comment

oh no... 12 hours with horrible IFE ><.
            IFE is AVOD. Is that not good enough?

Comment

oh no... 12 hours with horrible IFE ><. why SQ didn't change the A/C to 77W? or 72A? uhh...
              Not planning on having a nice sleep?

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                IFE is AVOD. Is that not good enough?
                yes, but the IFE isn't good as new IFE .... old IFE isn't bad but the screen was bad... last time i used SQ's 773 with old IFE, the screen was bad ! very different with SQ 63* from SIN-NRT, IFE was very good !

sorry if my english very bad ..

@KC* : 12 hours at aircraft.. 8 hours sleep 4 hours watch IFE at aircraft, i can't sleep so long... like when i go to NRT, 7 hours... from 01.00AM-02.00AM i watch movie... 02.00AM-04.00AM sleep and 04.00-06.00 i watch movie again

again.. sorry if my english very bad....
                Last edited by soner_maniac; 4 March 2011, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• I don't mind the IFE system on the 772-ER. It's not as good as the 77W, especially in the variety, but the screen is pretty good quality if you compare it to the screen on a 744! 12 hours from SIN to FRA with only that system in Y on SQ25/26 is something to avoid... but not for too much longer hopefully.

Comment

• $95m upgrade for SIA's older Boeing fleet

Just saw this; Nothing new, I guess they just wanted to get some PR.

http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v6/ne....php?id=916943

Singapore Airlines will spend close to $95 million to retrofit 10 of its older Boeing planes with new long-haul cabin products.

From ST: This will give customers more space and comfort, SIA said on Friday.

The upgrade will also provide greater product consistency across the airline's long-haul fleet, with business class seats that convert into full-flat beds and larger in-flight entertainment screens in both business and economy classes.

The first improved Boeing B777-200ER aircraft will operate between Singapore and Amsterdam from next month.

They will also be progressively deployed to more destinations in Europe and to points in India, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand.

Comment

• some of their 777-2 series already have the refurbished economy cabin.
                      http://www.airliners.net/photo/Singa...f4e9688733a1ea

Comment

Working...
                      X