No announcement yet.

SIN Airport Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After hundreds of flights into Changi I have never managed to get to the carousel before my lugguage! And a quick walk to the customs exit area I have never had an approach from customs people, though I am sure they do check some people! However, I did one linger buying some duty free in the transit area and, getting to the carousel some 30 minutes later, found that my lugguage had been retrieved by the excellent baggage people and taken to lost and found! A quick walk to the end of the carousel area and my bags were waiting for me, and excellent service! Airports worldwide will attempt to replicate Singapore's superb service, all around the airport, and will mostly fail. If you prefer a totally impersonal and abrupt airport service try flying through CLK Hongkong, akin to arriving at the North Pole by dog sled!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ380flyer View Post
      getting to the carousel some 30 minutes later, found that my lugguage had been retrieved by the excellent baggage people and taken to lost and found!
      They've had practise with a certain SQTalker

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        They've had practise with a certain SQTalker
        Agreed...

Comment

Great post Jubilee777! Thank you!

It seems crazy to me that SQ passengers won't know what terminal they arrive into! I am on a flight from HKG arriving at 2210, and my friends are on a flight from BKK arriving 2155, if my understanding is correct, we will have no way of knowing until we're on the ground whether we'll be able to meet up! CRAZY!!

Comment

MCS?, just agree with your partners in crime to meet up outside the gate for one of your flights. When airside, you can move about between terminals very easily - SIN isn't LHR!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
              MCS?, just agree with your partners in crime to meet up outside the gate for one of your flights. When airside, you can move about between terminals very easily - SIN isn't LHR!
              Thanks jhm! What about luggage collection?

Comment

Originally posted by More Champagne Sir? View Post
                What about luggage collection?
                If you take too long, your luggage will be removed and taken away. Just go and collect it - it probably means that after meeting, you then have to go back to your different terminals, pass through immigration, collect your luggage and meet again airside (or at your hotel).

What are you planning to do airside anyway ? You won't be able to access the SKL as an arrivals lounge so need an onward BP.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                  What are you planning to do airside anyway ? You won't be able to access the SKL as an arrivals lounge so need an onward BP.
                  Nothing in particular, just imagine we'd meet up and take a cab together. Maybe it would just be easier if we all met up at the hotel in Singapore. Thanks jhm!!

Comment

Actually, it is pretty easy to meet up at Changi, especially both of you will arrive in Terminal 1.
                    One strategy is to ask with gate agent prior to board the plane, the possible arrival will be at which gate. If no information yet, the easiest way is for the flyers who arrive earlier and/or get out earlier from the plane. I know as an F pax, it would be very quick to deplane. Meet at the gate.

There are two ways to clear immigration. If you are arriving at Gate F30 to 60s, you will get down escalator, where there is an info counter and Koi pond near by, or Transfer Counter F. If you arrive at gate E1 to E28, you will go down escalator near the Skytrain to T1, or Transfer Counter E. I think the shop near there would be Tumi and Mercedes.

Just in case you decided to meet at the baggage carousel, if you are at Terminal 2, you can meet at any of the baggage carousel... I think 3 carousels then Lost & Found Baggages area, then another 3 carousels ( I am sure J777 can correct me on how may carousels they are).

When you clear immigration, whether from one side or the other side, there will be a Duty Free Shop, just in case you are interested in shopping.

Note: Of course it will be a different story if one of your flight is for trial at the new Terminal 3.

Comment

Some updates that I hope will be useful:

1) Airport Shuttle - New charges ($9 for adults and $6 for children. $50 for the whole cab)

2) DBS Treasures Lounge - Opening soon in T3 (Use escalators next to DFS Marketplace)

3) Plaza Premium Arrival Lounge - At T3 Arrival Hall (At the end, just before the escalator to the MRT)
                      We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Well, today Elle had nothing better to do so he went to Terminal 3... and realized the SIA A380 ALWAYS park at gate A1 or Gate B1

overall... he still found it quite empty and found the SIA first class immigration lettering very funny

Comment

Where is this place?

Got this pic from today's TODAY paper.

Any one here know where is this place? Somehow, I lost my orientation on the location of this pic. Any idea how to access to this road? But I sort of guessed that it is up the ramp to T3 Departure?

Looks like you can get quite close to the tarmac or plane here. And there is no fence around that area.

Comment

The aircraft is being towed towards T2 on the bridge spanning across the ECP(SC2 South Cross 2). The picture is taken from a public road parallel to the SC2.

I suggest you don't loiter around that area coz you might never know if someone will invite you to the police station next door for coffee....
                            Last edited by SQFAN; 9 November 2008, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the clarification there!

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post
                                Got this pic from today's TODAY paper.

Any one here know where is this place? Somehow, I lost my orientation on the location of this pic. Any idea how to access to this road? But I sort of guessed that it is up the ramp to T3 Departure?

Looks like you can get quite close to the tarmac or plane here. And there is no fence around that area.
                                The map is here
                                matt_will_fix_it

Comment

Working...
                                X