SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
    9V-SYF you mean. 9V-SVF has left SQ's fleet.
    Yes its SVF, my mistake. On flightradar now can see SVM, a 772ER doing the CHC to SIN flight as SQ298

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
      Another 16 year-old 773 with registration 9V-SVF is doing a SIN-CGK as SQ 960 now. Seems like SQ is pushing some of these 16 year old planes for at east another close to 2 years.
      SQ would need these 773s, although aging, for their high-premium-demand CGK flights. The 77W would not quite cut it for them - it is generally fuel-inefficient for shorter flights, while the A380 might be too large for CGK, and will result in longer turnaround times, et cetera. This is why SQ is stretching the life of these 773s beyond what is usual for SQ’s old aircraft.

Comment

• Would've been nice if they put into the 773s the 2013 F removed from the few 77WNs (SWU, SWV...) that were delivered before being reconfigured into 4-class 777WRs.

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
          Would've been nice if they put into the 773s the 2013 F removed from the few 77WNs (SWU, SWV...) that were delivered before being reconfigured into 4-class 777WRs.
          I suspect the guts of those seats might be ending up in the likes of SWI/S/T. The shape of some elements in the old Row 2 might not match Row 1 but some of the components would have to be the same.

Comment

• What’s the story with SWI/S/T anyway... surely there must be a reason why they were selected not to be refitted with PEY.

Comment

• It's just a matter of time. All 77Ws are supposed to undergo refit.

But let's hope we don't end up with a case of SRJ/L and SVF....

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                What’s the story with SWI/S/T anyway... surely there must be a reason why they were selected not to be refitted with PEY.
                SQ are not known for being prompt with cabin refits.

Comment

• It may be too early to tell but 9V-SWS just stopped flying two days ago (interestingly its 10th anniversary) after returning from DXB.

Comment

• Read from mothership.sg that SVJ was wet leased to Scoot to replace one of their 787-9s to SYD. And it seems like SVJ is fitted with 2006 Y.

https://mothership.sg/2018/06/scoot-...without-perks/

Comment

• Originally posted by dlgx View Post
                      Read from mothership.sg that SVJ was wet leased to Scoot to replace one of their 787-9s to SYD. And it seems like SVJ is fitted with 2006 Y.

https://mothership.sg/2018/06/scoot-...without-perks/
                      the picture of the IFE screen suggests so huh...but was that taken on one of the scoot flights?
                      i don't recall SVJ being fitted with the stuff. Only SVB/SVC.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                        the picture of the IFE screen suggests so huh...but was that taken on one of the scoot flights?
                        i don't recall SVJ being fitted with the stuff. Only SVB/SVC.
                        SQ8121 was operated by 9V-SVC on 20 June. Perhaps that's where the photo came from

Comment

• The two 772's of SQ 9V-SVG and 9V-SVI has stopped flying. Are these the next to be fitted with the 2006 Y products? Or are they being kicked from the fleet for good?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
                            It may be too early to tell but 9V-SWS just stopped flying two days ago (interestingly its 10th anniversary) after returning from DXB.
                            Nevermind this- it flew again yesterday to HKG as SQ866.

Comment

• Second time within a week that a 2006 configured 773er does the SQ866/865 rotation.

I experienced two equipment swaps in 3month which I had not seen for years. Are they short of 773ERs at the moment?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
                                Second time within a week that a 2006 configured 773er does the SQ866/865 rotation.

I experienced two equipment swaps in 3month which I had not seen for years. Are they short of 773ERs at the moment?
                                SYL did this rotation last Saturday (6/23).

Comment

Working...
                                X