Clear All

• Checking in @ HKG and transiting through SIN & SYD

Hi all,

Need some help and advise on my following itinerary

I've made 2 separate KF redemptions, but they're back to back:
    1. HKG-SIN-SYD (On SQ) (SQ001 ~ SQ221)
    2. SYD-AKL-CHC (On NZ) (NZ702 ~ NZ563)
    I'll be connecting to NZ702 within the same day of arriving on SQ221

1.for the first leg, i'll be arriving at HKG a day prior to my HKG-SIN flight at around 2.30pm.
    a. When's the earliest I can check in for SQ001 at HKG (other than in town check in). I hope to be able to rid myself of the luggage while i head down to kowloon and whatnot.
    b. I might need to retrieve something from my luggage after arriving at SIN, can I request to collect my luggage at SIN and re-check in the luggage again?
    c. Can i request for a through check for my luggage either from HKG or SIN all the way till CHC? (I've checked with SQ on this and was told that theoretically NZ and SQ are *A so it will not be an issue, but it might have to depend on the discretion of the ground crew handling my check in)
    d. Do i need to apply for an australian visa if i can through check all the way till CHC? I am assuming if I'm unable to get a through check in, it will mean i have to collect my luggage at SYD, clear customs and get to NZ counter to check in, which means I'll have to apply for an australian visa right?

For my return leg, it's also 2 separate redemptions for CHC-SYD and SYD-SIN and will have the same questions as (c) and (d) as above.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by RCTP View Post
    c. Can i request for a through check for my luggage either from HKG or SIN all the way till CHC? (I've checked with SQ on this and was told that theoretically NZ and SQ are *A so it will not be an issue, but it might have to depend on the discretion of the ground crew handling my check in)
    Note that you'll need to pick up your baggage and clear customs and immigration at AKL, and re-checkin at the Domestic Transfer Desk to re-checkin for the AKL-CHC sector as this is a domestic flight. AKL have a domestic transfer desk at the International Terminal (for Air NZ Domestic flights), so you can drop your bags at the Domestic Transfer desk to save you the hassle of bringing your bags with you when you head over to the Domestic Terminal. You can find our more information at the Auckland Airport website: https://www.aucklandairport.co.nz/in...tic%20transfer

Comment

Thanks wlgspotter!

Comment

Working...
      X