No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I guess nobody has heard of any longer term plans re: if/when NRT or HND will be getting a 77WN in terms of timeline? Will probably be booking for a trip in April-June in the next month or so, seems safest to either go A380 to NRT or HND with the 777.

I found it interesting that ICN had a 77WN but then I realised it was SQ15/16 which continues on from/to SFO.

Comment

• I was monitoring my flight to Haneda for March 2016, sq632 and 633 would be using the 777-300er instead of 772.

And the trend would start in this mid November as they are currently using 772.

Comment

• Originally posted by ibm1989 View Post
        I was monitoring my flight to Haneda for March 2016, sq632 and 633 would be using the 777-300er instead of 772.

And the trend would start in this mid November as they are currently using 772.
        Well my flight this coming 13th January on SQ638 to NRT is still scheduled to be a 777-300ER.

Comment

• Originally posted by arrow29 View Post
          So I guess nobody has heard of any longer term plans re: if/when NRT or HND will be getting a 77WN in terms of timeline? Will probably be booking for a trip in April-June in the next month or so, seems safest to either go A380 to NRT or HND with the 777.

I found it interesting that ICN had a 77WN but then I realised it was SQ15/16 which continues on from/to SFO.
          It's safe to assume HND could get older equipment unless they swap to a 77WN. As for the ICN/SFO route, they will get 77WRs from January 6th (Not 77WN, but the seats will be just like the 77WN) 2 times a week. I think by March, SQ16/15 will get 77WRs on a daily basis. Never heard of SQ16/15 having 77WN compared to other European routes having 77WN on a random basis (e.g. AMS, MXP, DXB, FRA)

As for NRT, too much swapping going on here and there. Until more aircraft get refitted, it sounds unpredictable what could happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by EWR View Post
            Noticed even PEK is getting a 77W(N?) on Mar 27 ex SIN.

Edit: Just found out this is not the refitted version
            Having studied SQ's seat maps again, I am rather confused. Not refitted doesn't mean old seats apparently. So how can one find out what product this flight is actually using?

Comment

• Originally posted by EWR View Post
              Having studied SQ's seat maps again, I am rather confused. Not refitted doesn't mean old seats apparently. So how can one find out what product this flight is actually using?
              It's very difficult just at the moment with the 77W. If the seat map shows Premium Economy then you are on a refitted plane and all seats will be new, regardless of class.

If there is no PEY, then it may be an original 77W with the older product or a newer 77WN (SWU-Z/SNA) with all new seats. Previously the newer planes were focused on specific routes and flights but lately they have been wandering in all different directions. Even if you get an indication that it is "77WN" at some point, it can easily be switched at the last minute- happened to me twice back when they were meant to be on dedicated flights. Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                It's very difficult just at the moment with the 77W. If the seat map shows Premium Economy then you are on a refitted plane and all seats will be new, regardless of class.

If there is no PEY, then it may be an original 77W with the older product or a newer 77WN (SWU-Z/SNA) with all new seats. Previously the newer planes were focused on specific routes and flights but lately they have been wandering in all different directions. Even if you get an indication that it is "77WN" at some point, it can easily be switched at the last minute- happened to me twice back when they were meant to be on dedicated flights. Good luck!
                With 2015 coming to an end in a few weeks time, anybody has any idea what is the latest status/progress of cabin refitting program for the original 19 77W; 9V-SWA to 9V-SWT?

Comment

• Originally posted by iancasillas View Post
                  With 2015 coming to an end in a few weeks time, anybody has any idea what is the latest status/progress of cabin refitting program for the original 19 77W; 9V-SWA to 9V-SWT?
                  As many have stated in threads:

SWJ, SWK, SWL, SWM are 77WRs with all new products including PEY.

SWN is currently undergoing refitting. I assume by the end of the year SWO could be done also (That's a plane without any Wifi, that will get Wifi after refitted).

Comment

• NRT loses the B77WN

Singapore Airlines S16 Tokyo Narita Operation Changes as of 11NOV15

Looks like no more B77WN to NRT from March 2016 onwards. It's downgraded to a B772.

As per airlineroute.net:

Singapore Airlines has further revised planned operations for Singapore – Tokyo Narita route, in summer 2016 season. From 27MAR16, SQ638/637 service is now scheduled to be operated by Boeing 777-200ER, instead of -300ER.

Originally SQ planned A380 operation on SQ638/637 flight.

SQ012 SIN0925 – 1730NRT 388 D
                    SQ638 SIN2355 – 0800+1NRT 772 D

SQ637 NRT1110 – 1720SIN 772 D
                    SQ011 NRT2050 – 0300+1SIN 388 D
                    Flickr, Reviews, SIN Credit Card Usage Reference Table

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post

Yes, this is one of those without PEYs, showing 8 F seats. Hopefully one of SWU-Z/SNA wanders my way!

Seems like they are making slow progress with the refitting

Comment

• 9V-SNB has hatched -- test flight early am 11-11. It's a 77WR; will enable the increase in PEY frequencies to FRA (326/325) and MUC/MAN (328/327).

Comment

• Sorry if this has been answered before but how do I identify if a certain flight is flying the new First Class/Business Class? I seems to be getting these new seats randomly on Tokyo and HK flights. Or is it possible to tell upon booking?

Comment

• The only time you're 100% assured of getting the 2013 seats is if you're on a four-class 77W - those have been completely refitted.

If you have a three-class 77W, it becomes harder to say. Some flights have the new seats fairly consistently - the SQ 1/2 pair is one. Beyond that, it's not certain.

Comment

• So to confirm, we have 5 birds refitted with 4 class PEY, and they are: 9V-SWJ, 9V-SWK, 9V-SWL, 9V-SWM and 9V-SNB?

Comment

• Originally posted by leops1984 View Post
                                The only time you're 100% assured of getting the 2013 seats is if you're on a four-class 77W - those have been completely refitted.

If you have a three-class 77W, it becomes harder to say. Some flights have the new seats fairly consistently - the SQ 1/2 pair is one. Beyond that, it's not certain.
                                The only hint I will give you about a 77W without PEY is:

If you're flying Economy Class, look at the last row number on the right side (HJK):

If it's a 77W (Old), it goes up to 56 HJK. If it's a 77WN it's 57 HJK (Only on the right side).

Yeah 9V-SNB has hatched. How do you know if it's PEY? We will find out which routes it will fly. I bet SNC will also have PEY, later in the future prompting 77WN to go with PEY if enough positive feedback. As far as progress goes, yeah it's slow, but it could be the end of the year to 2017 the refits are done (Only God knows since each 77W refit takes about 5 weeks).

Comment

Working...
                                X