No announcement yet.

SQ's new (2015) website, still not working properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was trying to BTC for a flight to NRT with two pax on the booking using the Android App (not exactly website, but still in the same spirit of things that seem not to be working). While I can select the meal for the first pax, the second pax listed can't be chosen. The arrow icon to move to second pax is unresponsive. Tried several times, no dice. Will give the website a try later, haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
      The shitty website is now generating e-ticket PDFs that say "ECONOMY (I)" and have green box headers instead of blue, for business award flights.
      Same here today. Still happening. Gives you a scare initially until you check the details like booking class I and 40kg luggage allowance. Worked fine before, no idea how one can screw up that one. Oh well ...

Ahh, also an update on the BTC selection which worked fine on the website for 2 pax versus the Android app not allowing to toggle between 1st and 2nd pax. Got to give credit where it is due
      Last edited by demue; 27 May 2018, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by demue View Post
        Same here today. Still happening. Gives you a scare initially until you check the details like booking class I and 40kg luggage allowance. Worked fine before, no idea how one can screw up that one. Oh well ...
        Never underestimate those idiots in IT

Comment

• The website does seem to be actually getting worse, and probably explains why we keep getting that bloody pop up box asking us what we think of it. The amount of times you have to go back and put the same information back in just because you decided to change on item (like the date, heaven forbid...) is ridiculous.

They really do need to stop going for the cheap options when it comes to their website. It's not as though it isn't important to them....

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            They really do need to stop going for the cheap options when it comes to their website. It's not as though it isn't important to them....
            I'm not sure it's the cheap option! The entire design smacks of over-engineering, which typically comes with a large price tag. The custom fonts, re-engineered drop-downs with poor type-ahead, mysterious UX, incorrect rendering in different browers... all these I see as symptoms of trying to do too much, with the concomitant price tag. Probably getting the worst of both worlds: poor functionality and high cost.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
              I struggle with this website for a while now.

But this drives me realy nuts:

Tried to make a booking. Key in Singapore: There are no matches for your search

When you start to key-in the letters SI it gives you Lucknow
              it's happened to me several times before too, very annoying

lucknow airport is lko but it has "sin" in its long name - chaudhary charan singh, hence the stupid website picks up on it as one of the options for "sin"

I override it by typing "Singapore - SIN" and even though initially it will be marked as red (supposedly an error ), but my fare search will go through

the trouble we go to in flying sq

Comment

• Originally posted by saobangpo View Post
                it's happened to me several times before too, very annoying

lucknow airport is lko but it has "sin" in its long name - chaudhary charan singh, hence the stupid website picks up on it as one of the options for "sin"

I override it by typing "Singapore - SIN" and even though initially it will be marked as red (supposedly an error ), but my fare search will go through

the trouble we go to in flying sq
                In the past, the website auto-detected that I was in Singapore and the 'From' field was automatically set to 'Singapore'. But lately, I need to key this in myself and the 'SI' error happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by PPSFlyer View Post
                  In the past, the website auto-detected that I was in Singapore and the 'From' field was automatically set to 'Singapore'. But lately, I need to key this in myself and the 'SI' error happens.
                  In my experience in it depends on which country's website you're using. When I'm on the US website, departures default to SFO, the Singapore website predictably has SIN, while I recently ended up on the Danish website and for some reason and CPH was the default original. On the home page, check which flag you see on the top right, or adjust the country code wihtin URL that comes up:

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg/home

This gives you the Singapore website. I ended up on /dk/home for a while...

Comment

• Originally posted by WBT View Post
                    In my experience in it depends on which country's website you're using. When I'm on the US website, departures default to SFO, the Singapore website predictably has SIN, while I recently ended up on the Danish website and for some reason and CPH was the default original. On the home page, check which flag you see on the top right, or adjust the country code wihtin URL that comes up:

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg/home

This gives you the Singapore website. I ended up on /dk/home for a while...
                    It has always been set to Singapore as my default plus I had made sure I had clicked on 'Remember my settings'. Not sure why this is happening lately though, but no issues with the mobile web version.

Comment

• Is anyone else having a problem searching 'Redeem flights' today?

When I click 'SEARCH', I just get the "Just a moment... we'll take you there soon." screen with the spinning disc that continues to eternity (and eternity is a long time!).

Comment

• The PDF timetable is gone!

Used to go to Plan Travel > Your Booking > Flight Schedules and there was a link next to the search facility. Now it's just the search facility...

You can find it by doing a regular google search, but it hasn't been updated since last month when I downloaded it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          The website does seem to be actually getting worse, and probably explains why we keep getting that bloody pop up box asking us what we think of it. The amount of times you have to go back and put the same information back in just because you decided to change on item (like the date, heaven forbid...) is ridiculous.

And I thought it was only me. I was looking for a reward flight and queried SIN - DPS in Eco as cash fares were like 700+ SGD around a public holiday. Only waitlist came up so I modified the flight via the option and changed it to Business keeping the city pair and dates as is. Get an error to enter a valid city . Need to go back to main page and reenter the same info again, awesome .

Comment

• SQ Website Booking Problem

Hi,

Just a quick check if anyone have any problems making an online flight booking today? Have been trying to book the whole day without success. Either the website hang or it says has my credit card is rejected ( checked to bank no issue and also same card used for other charges no problem ).

It seems they have recently changed / modify their website again. Call to SQ and they insist no problem with their website.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Yeah... I am trying to make a redemption booking, it is available, but when I chose the flight and supposed to go to payment, but it kept coming back to the main page. Yes, I think the payment engine is down.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
                                Yeah... I am trying to make a redemption booking, it is available, but when I chose the flight and supposed to go to payment, but it kept coming back to the main page. Yes, I think the payment engine is down.
                                Thanks. I can’t even go beyond selecting flights. No wonder the call lines can’t get thru as well. Hope they are aware of this problem and fix it soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X