Second meal for SQ 2 in F, HKG-SFO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second meal for SQ 2 in F, HKG-SFO?

Does anyone know what the second meal consists of in F on SQ 2 from HKG-SFO? The flight lands in SFO around 6:30 PM, so I HOPE it's not breakfast.
    Thanks!

Originally posted by flyingfox View Post
    Does anyone know what the second meal consists of in F on SQ 2 from HKG-SFO? The flight lands in SFO around 6:30 PM, so I HOPE it's not breakfast.
    Thanks!
    You can browse the SQ Menu forum found here. The latest one was for June 2008.

Originally posted by MegatopLover View Post
    before touch-down from hong kong to san francisco

to start with
    A choice of apple, tomato, freshly squeezed orange juice or hot/chilled soya bean milk

fruit
    Fresh fruit plate

light starters
    Choice of cereals or yoghurt
    Cornflakes with milk or granola with yoghurt-berry compote
    Plain or fruit yoghurt

wholesome beginnings
    Shanghai noodle in soup
    with abalone, fish maw, sea cucumber, and crabmeat dumplings

French toast with pork sausage, compote of blueberry-raspberry and cherry tomato

Selection of dim sum
    Steamed rice flour rolls with chicken, har kow, siew mai, scallop dumpling and beef dumpling

Fresh eggs with grilled bacon or sausage, baked beans and mushrooms
    baked, soft boiled or scrambled on toasted muffin

from the bakery
    Assorted breakfast rolls
    Butter, jam, marmalade or honey

hot beverages
    Freshly brewed coffee
    Espresso or capuccino
    Selection of tea
    It is a pity that the meals would be something like brunch. What you could do is to order a BTC for the supper from HKG (first meal), and when boarded the plane, ask the crew to remove your BTC for supper to the prior to arrival meals storage. Therefore, you will have more substantial meals before landing, possibly a late lunch which might help time change adjustment.

From SQ website:

Book the Cook – Hong Kong – First Class

Chicken breast stuffed with cheese and herbs in a creamy white wine sauce with mashed sweet potatoes and grilled mixed capsicum

Grilled salmon with braised green peas, artichoke, and onion

Grilled veal with jus, roasted green zucchini, yellow squash, and deep-fried potatoes

Lobster Thermidor with buttered asparagus, red capsicum, baby yellow squash, and mashed potatoes

Portuguese-style beef curry with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and steamed rice

Sourdough bread with crumbed chicken and mixed salad

Braised abalone and mushroom in oyster sauce with flat noodles

Braised Chilean bass with preserved olives, vegetables, and steamed rice

Braised Lo Hon mixed vegetables and stir-fried Ee-Fu noodles

Lobster wonton soup with Ee-Fu noodles and Chinese greens

Nigiri Sushi

Roasted goose rice with Chinese greens and carrot flowers

Thai-style green curry chicken with selected vegetables and steamed rice

Comment

Originally posted by SQ TPP View Post
      You can browse the SQ Menu forum found here. The latest one was for June 2008.

It is a pity that the meals would be something like brunch. What you could do is to order a BTC for the supper from HKG (first meal), and when boarded the plane, ask the crew to remove your BTC for supper to the prior to arrival meals storage. Therefore, you will have more substantial meals before landing, possibly a late lunch which might help time change adjustment.
      I tried to do that in June on SQ 002. I had had a very nice and fairly substantial dinner on the first segment, SIN-HKG. When I boarded in HKG, the last thing I wanted was another massive dinner, even though I had BTC'd. So I asked if I could save the BTC for before landing in SFO and just have soup after takeoff. The Singapore Girl was a little surprised but said it would be fine. So I just had the soup. Unfortunately, the soup sucked. Probably the worst dish I've ever had on SQ. I really don't know why it was so bad. It was surely an abberation.

I slept for a good patch across the Pacific. Waking up about 2.5 hours out of SFO, the crew offered me my dinner. They surely would have served the entire meal. But at that point a full-blown dinner was the last thing I wanted. I gave up and had breakfast anyway.

Comment

Thanks for the information and advice regarding BTC!
        It is STRANGE that they serve breakfast before landing in the eve!

Comment

You won't think it's so strange if you spend 6+ hours of the crossing asleep. When you wake up two hours out of SFO, a big side of veal is the last thing you want, even if it will be 6:00 pm when you touch down.

I ate dinner on SIN-HKG then had a very light bite after takeoff from HKG, planning to hvae my BTC before touchdown. Well, after sleeping for a good chunk of the flight, I just couldn't stomach a heavy meal, so I gave in and had the breakfast.

YMMV.

Comment

Working...
          X