HKG - New QF Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
    Sorry folks. As nice as that QF lounge is... it's always like the republic of boganland inside. NO likey!
    How awful you would have to spend time with some Australians
    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
      Thanks for the fabulous pictures, yflyer. It looks like a great lounge indeed.

No cooked to order food unlike SIN? Well, at least the selection is fairly decent.
      Indeed what a great set of photos. Very nice looking lounge. Looking forward to visiting with my fellow bogans. Hope we dont spot spoil it for any Malaysian guests.
      My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        Sorry folks. As nice as that QF lounge is... it's always like the republic of boganland inside. NO likey!
        I would respectfully disagree. The excellent pictures from yflyer show how fabulous it is. In the early - mid afternoon period when it's quiet it's a no brainer for best OW lounge to be in. I have always been a fan of The Wing but it's like a zoo these days so I only go to eat in the (admittedly still fab) Noodle Bar.

No cooked to order food unlike SIN?
        I thought it did have to be honest!.

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
        How awful you would have to spend time with some Australians
        I sincerely hope you are not suggesting all Aussies are Bogans ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          I would respectfully disagree. The excellent pictures from yflyer show how fabulous it is. In the early - mid afternoon period when it's quiet it's a no brainer for best OW lounge to be in. I have always been a fan of The Wing but it's like a zoo these days so I only go to eat in the (admittedly still fab) Noodle Bar.
          Oh that the QF lounge is fabulous is not in doubt.... I'm referring to the crowds during QF time.....

Comment

Thanks for the pictures! I agree that this lounge is great and the location is convenient. I used it last month while waiting for my flight from gate 16, with STD at 1730. This means it was a couple of hours before the departure of QF 127 and 30 so people started to trickle in. However, I didn't experience the same type of crowd to the same extent as SQflyergirl says, thankfully.

Comment

Many thanks for the pics! The interior looks so different from Changi's.

Comment

No cooked to order food unlike SIN? Well, at least the selection is fairly decent.
                You may order and try the food which is preparing in front of you at bar counter.
                Only limited choices at bar counter. It was roasted pork that day. Not sure Qantas update the menu regularly or not.

*The chef in charged in this bar counter is a young guy from Singapore.

Comment

I'm guessing why CX Lounges are usually packed is also because CX Silver members (OW Ruby) have access as well. Whereas for other FFPs, lounge access only for Sapphire equivalent and above members.
                  Flickr, Reviews, SIN Credit Card Usage Reference Table

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                    Yes, lcpteck, definitely worth a look in!
                    Cool, will get to try the QF Lounge in both SIN (Feb) and HKG (April) next year.
                    Flickr, Reviews, SIN Credit Card Usage Reference Table

Comment

Originally posted by jbflyer View Post
                      You may order and try the food which is preparing in front of you at bar counter.
                      Only limited choices at bar counter. It was roasted pork that day. Not sure Qantas update the menu regularly or not.

*The chef in charged in this bar counter is a young guy from Singapore.
                      Thanks for the info and pictures, jbflyer! They didn't have this when I was there (maybe they were going to set it up later, as I arrived during the change over between breakfast and lunch)...I've updated the TR to reflect your comment...

Comment

Thanks, SilverChris! I quite like the SIN cooked-to-order dishes as well. The last time I had hokkien mee which was quite good.

The good news is that, jbflyer and MAN Flyer pointed out, there is cooked-to-order food there after all...
                        Last edited by yflyer; 28 November 2014, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by j.lin View Post
                          Many thanks for the pics! The interior looks so different from Changi's.
                          Thanks, j.lin!

There are some common design elements, but I think the views and location in HKG make all the difference! But the QF Lounge in SIN is very good as well...I prefer it to the J section of the SilverKris Lounge...

Comment

Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
                            Thanks for the pictures! I agree that this lounge is great and the location is convenient. I used it last month while waiting for my flight from gate 16, with STD at 1730. This means it was a couple of hours before the departure of QF 127 and 30 so people started to trickle in. However, I didn't experience the same type of crowd to the same extent as SQflyergirl says, thankfully.
                            Thanks, SQGamespeed...on most flights, I try to head into the lounge early, then as the crowd appears, that is my cue to leave. Also, outside of megahubs like FRA, DXB or LHR T5, I try to use lounges other than the one of the airline I am flying, mainly to avoid the peak hour congestion problem that most outstation lounges have (I am thinking SIA's SFO lounge, for example...)

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                              Thanks for the info and pictures, jbflyer! They didn't have this when I was there (maybe they were going to set it up later, as I arrived during the change over between breakfast and lunch)...I've updated the TR to reflect your comment...
                              Thanks. I went there before dinner time.

Actually I was doing lounge hoping in HKG airport.
                              Too bad I had lost my CX gold status and not able to enter those lounges again. . Those lounges are much better than KF Gold lounge..

Comment

I was at the Qantas Lounge in HKG earlier this evening, prior to my late evening Dragonair flight.

It was a surprisingly clear day in HKG today, so I had great views of the tarmac and sunset from the dining area of the lounge.

I got to experience the Tuesday evening lounge peak hour -- the lounge was busy, not too crowded. There is so much space here, that even when busy, the place had a relaxed feel this evening (Maybe it is different on a Monday or Friday...).

The staff here were super-attentive as well. Always offering to fetch you a drink, or top up your glass. Exceptionally warm service...

I overheard a staff member mention that this was the 1st anniversary of the opening of the lounge, so perhaps everyone was in a good mood. I have rarely felt so welcome in a lounge.

Even by the high standards set by the CX lounges in HKG, the Qantas Lounge can hold its own. And in some ways, the airy spaciousness and stylish decor even top the CX lounges here, in my opinion.

A great place to spend some time before a flight.

Comment

Working...
                                X