Asia Miles is not an official CX Loyalty Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asia Miles is not an official CX Loyalty Program

I am quite shock to find out about this. Asia Miles is just an affiliate with CX, not CX offical FFP. Did not know this. For years I thought Asia Miles is KF of CX.

Marco Polo is the official CX Loyalty Program but you have to pay to be MP member right?
    visit my blog

You are right. You'll find, however, that AsiaMiles is more than just an affiliate of CX, it is actually owned by the FFP (hence the Marco Polo guys).

Copyright© Asia Miles is managed and operated by Cathay Pacific Loyalty Programmes Ltd.
    From AsiaMiles Website.

You normally would pay to become a member of Marco Polo but there are quite a few ways of getting membership for free including, I think, signing up for their credit card.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
      You are right. You'll find, however, that AsiaMiles is more than just an affiliate of CX, it is actually owned by the FFP (hence the Marco Polo guys).

From AsiaMiles Website.

You normally would pay to become a member of Marco Polo but there are quite a few ways of getting membership for free including, I think, signing up for their credit card.
      I know actually I got mine from Citibank when there is still this Citibank Cathay Pacific card. But think about it then CX is the only major airlines that you have to pay to be in their loyalty card. A bit stupid right?

I guess no one (at least me) will want to pay to join a "loyalty" club.... Or there are people there will pay?
      visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
        But think about it then CX is the only major airlines that you have to pay to be in their loyalty card. A bit stupid right?

I guess no one (at least me) will want to pay to join a "loyalty" club.... Or there are people there will pay?
        QF used to (not sure if they still do) charge I think around $AUD80 to join QFF if you were an Australian resident - and I'm semi-certain NZ also charge you to use their FFP if you're a New Zealand resident...

Happy to be corrected of course as it's been a while since I've reviewed either airlines T&C's about joining their FFP

Comment

You can avoid QFF fees by going to Woolies and signing up to Everyday Rewards though... not sure about NZ

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
            I know actually I got mine from Citibank when there is still this Citibank Cathay Pacific card. But think about it then CX is the only major airlines that you have to pay to be in their loyalty card. A bit stupid right?

I got mine initially from the same Citibank card but today there's still a CX AMEX card that gives you the same automatic entry to MP. Annual Fee is waived for the first year, so sign up and cut it at the end of the first year and you're still a free MP member.

Their 'Elite' AMEX card is free so long as you have at least Silver status with CX.

For me this approach is fine too, shows at least an element of committment. I am a member of UA (and long time ago BA) but never use(d) either. From an airline point of view it is a waste to chase everybody that registers then doesn't do anything with it. At least KF these days does say that they won't do anything other than give you a membership number until you make the first qualifying flight. I think a lot depends on the back-room operation.

Comment

I got mine initially from the same Citibank card but today there's still a CX AMEX card that gives you the same automatic entry to MP. Annual Fee is waived for the first year, so sign up and cut it at the end of the first year and you're still a free MP member.

Their 'Elite' AMEX card is free so long as you have at least Silver status with CX.

For me this approach is fine too, shows at least an element of committment. I am a member of UA (and long time ago BA) but never use(d) either. From an airline point of view it is a waste to chase everybody that registers then doesn't do anything with it. At least KF these days does say that they won't do anything other than give you a membership number until you make the first qualifying flight. I think a lot depends on the back-room operation.
              is there CX Amex card here in Singapore? I know they have one in HKG and looks very cool..... Please advise, I can't find it on Amex SG web
              visit my blog

Comment

In Singapore AmEx is linked with the KrisFlyer program so it will not be linked with CX, in competition.

Comment

In Singapore AmEx is linked with the KrisFlyer program so it will not be linked with CX, in competition.
                  So there will be no CC in SIN which will link with CX MP right?
                  visit my blog

Comment

Not co-branded at this moment..... in the future, I wish i could see but then I wouldn't be poor anymore. I think there had been the same CX branded Citibank card here that it seems we both had in HK but when that relationship died so too did the CX card here.

There are plenty cards that let you earn points that can be transferred into AsiaMiles, hence MP but at the moment nothing else.

Comment

Working...
                    X