Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bear in mind that on the 744, 17K has the rear-facing IFA seat in front of you while 17A does not. Not a major issue actually, as the seat is only occupied on take-off and landing.

Incidentally, SeatGuru has the wrong layout for the 200ER. ManFlyer is correct - 11A and 11K are great window seats. However, any and all of the centre seats are also good as you do not have to climb over anybody. Not much to look out of the window in this flight, in my opinion, so your seat selection is still fine.

Comment

• Thankyou Manflyer and KC for your advice!! Will stick to my original seating and hopefully, have a blast of my time

Comment

• A couple of quick questions:

Traveling on SQ22 SIN-EWR next month. 11k is open. This listed as a bassinet seat. Seatguru suggests there's a bar at the footrest that might bother you if you're tall. At 5'10" I don't know that I fall into that bucket.
        Any cautions on this seat?

And while we're at it....how about 11K on the 744? Two questions there...is it possible to get up without having to climb over your neighbor in 11h - and does SQ have the side bins at armrest level that you see on some of the 747 Upper decks for storage (I'm thinking back to TWA 747-131s by way of comparison).

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by nyc6035 View Post
          And while we're at it....how about 11K on the 744? Two questions there...is it possible to get up without having to climb over your neighbor in 11h - and does SQ have the side bins at armrest level that you see on some of the 747 Upper decks for storage (I'm thinking back to TWA 747-131s by way of comparison).

Thanks
          I don't know about the 340 but the 744's row 11 does have the side storage albeit slightly narrower than the seats behind as the plane tapers in forward. And yes, you do not need to climb over the aisle passenger as there is space in front of the fully extended seat.

However, IMO far better seats would be 17A and 17K. The leg room here is at its best on the 744. 17A is slightly better as you do not have the rear facing IFA seated in front of you during take-off and landing. Get one of these seats if you can.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            Welcome to SQTalk, SQnewbie.

Never mind seatguru, this is the place to come if you want to know the best seats on SQ aircraft.
            +1

A little late in posting however completely agree with Man Flyer

Comment

• Hey,

Need some advice on seats on the 77W. Mainly the exit row seats like 31A and 44A and 31K and 44K. I know these seats are not those preferred seats, and the legroom may be lesser than 31BC and the likes due to the exit door, but how do the exit row A and K seats stack up against the other Y class seats... e.g. more legroom, or more cramped? Does anyone have a photo of these seats?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by zilchster View Post
                Does anyone have a photo of these seats?

Thanks
                http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showpost...5&postcount=10

Comment

• I have seat 43K reserved in Y for an upcoming flight on the refitted 73A. On all the new seat maps it shows rows 43 and 44 missing the "B" and "J" seats so a 2-3-2 config, can anybody please confirm this is actually how it is?

The new fantastic SQ website shows rows 43 and 44 as above but when I go into my bookings and look at the seat map it actually shows row 43 as a 3-3-3 config?

Can anyone confirm the config of row 43 on the refitted 73A, any photos?

Thanks for any info.

SQ238.

Comment

• Thank you. Thank you!

Comment

• Does anyone know whether the seats at Row 79HK on A380 Upper Deck has limited recline due to the crew's seat?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dobson73 View Post
                        yeah, it's bizarre. I had someone from resv. call me today and they confirmed that there is no seat in front of it and thus the extra leg room and were pumping me as to why I hadn't paid the $50. On this aircraft it had a P indicator.

As for someone climbing over me, I'd rather just one person than 2 if I took an aisle on the side. I'm not interested in exit row seats due to comments from others on these threads. And I really want an aisle on an overnight flight.
                        post deleted
                        Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 05:07 AM.

Comment

• Any suggestions for favorite seats on the all-business-class A340-500? Traveling alone so definitely a window seat.

The only bulkhead windows that are open are in row 30 behind 4 lavs. Debating between these and the windows in the middle of the plane, or in the middle of the front cabin, e.g. row 12.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buster CT1K View Post
                            Any suggestions for favorite seats on the all-business-class A340-500? Traveling alone so definitely a window seat.

The only bulkhead windows that are open are in row 30 behind 4 lavs. Debating between these and the windows in the middle of the plane, or in the middle of the front cabin, e.g. row 12.
                            I travel on that plane quite alot. There's very little difference IMHO on where you sit. Personally, I prefer any window seat in the front half of the plane (because I can get out faster! and it is a bit less bumpy in turbulent skies - at least that's what I tell myself). If you're sensitive to noise, stay away from the galley and the toilets. The 2 front toilets open forwards but still you may get disturbed by pax mingling near there as they queue for them and the loud flushing whoosh if you sit beside them.

Enjoy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buster CT1K View Post
                              Any suggestions for favorite seats on the all-business-class A340-500? Traveling alone so definitely a window seat.

My favourite row.

Rear cabin tends to fill up last too.

Front always full in my experience

Comment

• I need some Y seating advice on the 77W and the refitted 773.

I have 31K reserved on the 77W. I was wondering if the exit door is like the second picture in this thread:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showpost...5&postcount=10

...or if it is like the second picture in this thread:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showpost...05&postcount=6

Because the obstruction caused by the exit door in the first photo looks greater than the obstruction in the second photo. Correct me if im wrong, but they both appear to be 77W's.

Also for the 773 Refitted I have 43G reserved. Unfortunately all the bulkhead seat?

Thanks,

Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X