Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oneworld Status match with 1 SIN-Europe Finnair Flight

http://www.finnair.com/finnaircom/wp...ssuefour/en_SG

Finnair really making a big push in Singapore!

Nice! I'm going to use my impending A3 gold for this lol. Just have to book a trip to Scandinavia...

Comment

Anyone got any idea what's the cheapest ticket bookable to their destinations in order to get this status match? SIN-HEL?

Don't know what I'd do with OWE, but it's tempting. Anyone know if brandishing an AY*G would grant Changi QF lounge access flying 3K?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        Don't know what I'd do with OWE, but it's tempting. Anyone know if brandishing an AY*G would grant Changi QF lounge access flying 3K?
        Dude, get with the times. The OW airlines that used to have Anytime Lounge Access have taken it back from their own top-tier FFers. What chance do you have with a foreigner FF card?
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

My bad, I thought God-like treatment was still reserved for OW elites! Alas!

Comment

FWIW, Jetstar (including Jetstar Asia and Valuair) flights remain eligible for lounge access for QFF Platinums and Golds along with QF and oneworld flights. JQ flights have always been officially treated as Qantas flights as far as the standard lounge access benefit is concerned and the now-defunct Anytime Lounge Access benefit didn't need to be invoked when flying on JQ, and this was expanded to include 3K and VF flights in the Oct 2010 round of changes.

The proverbial fly in the ointment if you hold a non-QF OW elite status is that Jetstar isn't OW and hence not covered by standard OW lounge access policy. There have been anecdotal reports of 'foreign' OW elites accessing domestic QF lounges with JQ boarding passes. Normally they'd be flying on routes QF itself has ceased to serve and has ceded to JQ. This isn't a published policy and I suspect that it operates at the discretion of the lounge bouncers. I am not sure how well a 'foreign' OW elite and a 3K boarding pass will go down at the SIN lounge, but the very nice ladies at the reception desk are known to bend the rules occasionally.
            Last edited by KeithMEL; 23 May 2011, 08:16 AM.
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by ginkoka View Post
              Nice! I'm going to use my impending A3 gold for this lol. Just have to book a trip to Scandinavia...
              sigh.... how i wish they are still doing SIN-BKK. I do not think I will have time to go to Europe on that period. Can't make use my A3 Gold for Status Match
              visit my blog

Comment

Might have to plan a visit then. Anyone up for a HEL meet?

Edit: HOLY moley - $3106 for Y SIN-HEL for end-Sept, I should think NOT!

However prices to the UK are about 1.7k... that might be more interesting.
                Last edited by Kyo; 23 May 2011, 12:23 PM.

Comment

While the comp is a nice upfront perk, the website is not clear about how much flying is required to retain the status on Finnair Plus.

OTOH, I've recently discovered that BA EC is relatively easy to earn and retain status on given my expected travel patterns.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                    While the comp is a nice upfront perk, the website is not clear about how much flying is required to retain the status on Finnair Plus.
                    http://www.finnair.com/finnaircom/wp...-to-tier/en_SG

Not in a table form but if you go through you'll get the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by coffeeblack View Post
                      http://www.finnair.com/finnaircom/wp...-to-tier/en_SG

Not in a table form but if you go through you'll get the idea.
                      Seen it. From what I can gather, it's in the region of 2.5-3.0x J round trips to Europe to maintain Gold (or OW Sapphire). Not remotely worth the bother IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                        Seen it. From what I can gather, it's in the region of 2.5-3.0x J round trips to Europe to maintain Gold (or OW Sapphire). Not remotely worth the bother IMO.
                        But it is still better than BAEC which will require 3.5 J round trips to the UK to get sapphire status.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                          Might have to plan a visit then. Anyone up for a HEL meet?

Edit: HOLY moley - $3106 for Y SIN-HEL for end-Sept, I should think NOT!

However prices to the UK are about 1.7k... that might be more interesting.
                          There's a S$288 (tax incl) W-class fare available IF you're in the 'right' company. 25% miles earning though....

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                            Dude, get with the times. The OW airlines that used to have Anytime Lounge Access have taken it back from their own top-tier FFers. What chance do you have with a foreigner FF card?
                            I have just been reading that BA have now withdrawn this!. A couple I know usually mentioned OD as their favourite benefit, and they are not happy.

As I am on the verge of BA Silver and was wondering whether to go for Gold next year, I think this settles that. I am no BA EC expert but I see little benefit of Gold over Silver now.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                              But it is still better than BAEC which will require 3.5 J round trips to the UK to get sapphire status.
                              I just did it in one, including a short Club Europe r/t. (Living in Switzerland, of course... )

Comment

Working...
                              X