No announcement yet.

How is MH? Close to SQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Though my experiences are rather dated as the last I've flown MH long haul was over 3 years ago, I felt the urge to chime in to provide some perspective in order to balance up some of the posts here.

I have flown MH in both J and whY. My impressions of the airline are generally rather favourable. The service is a little less sleek and polished compared to SQ, but the crew are no less earnest and warm. In fact some of my most memorable flights have been with MH in whY, and they do have very personable FAs who made each flight a joy. The hardware in whY is comparable to SQ's, and there's more legroom in some MH aircraft.

I've not flown with them as much as I'd like to - and service has got absolutely nothing to do with it; rather, this points tart finds the MH Enrich program rather limiting.

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    Just curious: how is it that you know which wins in the comparison, and still need feedback on one of the experiences under comparison?
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 15 June 2009, 10:19 PM.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
      Just curious: how is it that you know which wins in the comparison, and still need feedback on one of the experiences under comparison?
      First before even getting into MH vs SQ topic in J, I am happy that I have all four SQTalk Founders responding and providing feedback to my question and more importantly "I know" comment - Thank you all - SQflyergirl, Man Flyer, jjb3 and KeithMEL. I should feel priviledged, right? Thanks for all the .........lol!

My remark on I know was a figure of speech, nothing more. I obviously have not flown MH hence jjb3 you are correct, I would not know the difference between the two (SQ/MH). Based on the several SQ J segements I have flown over the past several months and years on 772's, 773's, 77W's 744's and A380's (haven't flown on a 345 yet), my experience on SQ has been marvelous (hence maybe my opnion/comment on SQ wins handsdown was a little biased).

For all the routes that SQ flies, for the most part I have always chosen them over anyone else. The only reasons I would not fly them would be if there was a significant fare difference or if they didn't fly a specific route.

In this case, I chose to seek feedback on MH's international J as they have some very low transpacific J fares.

Thank-you again for your feedback!

cheers.
      Last edited by SQ All The Way; 16 June 2009, 09:25 PM.

Comment

MH has a low KUL-TPE-XXX for under $2500 r/t.

Comment

Working...
        X