No announcement yet.

Please recommend places to stay in AKL and QLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well now that Aucklands sort just got to find places in Melbourne and Sydney

Go on give me some sugestions you know you want to. LOL

Thanks Skooby

P.S Palm Cove and Port Douglas also

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      Make sure you don't fall in any of the water features at ground level, like a number of guests have done.
      Was this before or after a night out in the Viaduct?

Comment

Originally posted by skooby View Post
        Well now that Aucklands sort just got to find places in Melbourne and Sydney

Go on give me some sugestions you know you want to. LOL
        Since you're going to stay at the Westin, you can take the ferry across and visit Devonport Village on the other side of the water with wonderful restaurants and shops to browse through. From the Westin, it's not a far walk to the ferry terminal. The 15-minute ferry will also give you views of the city & water surroundings.
        My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
          I was thinking "they have Low Cost Westins now?"
          You're not the only one.....

Comment

If you're wanting to stick to SPG in Sydney, you can't go wrong with Sheraton. The other 2 are also pretty good, but Westin is usually pricier than the Sheraton and I feel the Sheraton is just as good anyways, whilst the 4 Points is almost the cost of the Sheraton these days and not nearly as nice. But good deals to be had at 4P at times, and it has a nice location by Darling Harbour.

Around Circular Quay, I've personally had good experiences at the Marriott Sydney Harbour.

I also highly recommend the Blue Hotel, especially if you like the W concept. It's the former W Sydney but is now managed by the Taj Group, and still feels like a W as all they've done is pull down the W sign and kept most things identical/similar. Beautiful location out by the wharfs in Woolloomooloo, though a bit off centre for touristy things. V nice restaurants and bars nearby. The inhouse resto and bar is also top notch.

There's a discussion of accomodation in Melbourne here:
            http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5152

edit: some pics here of Starwood properties in Oz:
            http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2842
            Last edited by KeithMEL; 6 October 2008, 11:56 PM.
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

RE: Palm Cove

Has anyone had experiance of Island views apartment in Palm Cove? As I'm iontrested in self cartering there as aposed to a hotel just for a change.

I still cant decide on hotel accom for both Sydney and Melbourne must keep off trip adviser as there is always a post that puts me off every hotel I look at, also they seem rather more expensive than the rest of Ozz or even Auckland!

Skooby

Comment

Originally posted by skooby View Post
                also they seem rather more expensive than the rest of Ozz or even Auckland!
                Shocker.

However with the A$ in freefall, we might soon become bargain basement value...
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Has anyone tried the Stamford Plaza Hotel in AKL before? Am torn between it and Crown Plaza.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                    Has anyone tried the Stamford Plaza Hotel in AKL before? Am torn between it and Crown Plaza.
                    Stamford Plaza is nice....

Stayed there twice, okay I had no choice, the hotel belong to my previous employer...

This hotel have been graced by various head of state during their visit to NZ, including the Queen.

Last time I was there, one certain airline uses it too,.....
                    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                      Stamford Plaza is nice....

Stayed there twice, okay I had no choice, the hotel belong to my previous employer...

This hotel have been graced by various head of state during their visit to NZ, including the Queen.

Last time I was there, one certain airline uses it too,.....
                      I'm sold. What puzzles me is the rates are awfully cheap for a 5*. Cheaper than many of the 4*s (eg. Crowne) as well.

Comment

It's much nicer now that it has had a re-furb - it was looking very drole and drab before then...

When APEC came to AKL in '99 a lot of the big wigs stayed there President Clinton was one such guest - though there was rumour going 'round that he never actually stayed in the hotel.

If you go back of house, you can still see Secret Service seals on doors that have not been opened since Clinton's visit.

Has SQ moved back there? Last I heard they were at the Langham...

It has a pretty hand location too..

Comment

Working...
                        X