Any recourse for this? Rental apartment in ZQN cancelling on me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any recourse for this? Rental apartment in ZQN cancelling on me

I got this note from an Apartment (St James) I'd booked ages ago and got confirmation for in Queenstown NZ for Christmas - now I've got this note from them. The problem is this other place they're offering me is nowhere near as nice (I stayed there in 1994, It's further away from the town center, and is a step down) - does this whole court injunction thing sound dodgy to you, and is there a comeback from this? I've not paid yet .

Hello SQFlyergirl,

You had a studio book at St James rental Apartments 23 December for 2 night.
    We were manageing this unit but due to a court injunction
    we can no longer rent this out on a short term basis. This means you will have
    to relocate. I can offer you a large studio unit here at Comfort Inn Melbourne Lodge.
    Apologies for this disruption.

Please advise.

regards

Whether or not this "court injunction" is genuine or not doesn't seem to me to make much difference, i.e. either way, what can you do ? You're a foreigner, the amount in question is presumably small, realistically you're not going to sue them (and they'd laugh if you threatened to do so) and I don't think there's anybody you can complain to about (I assume you booked direct).

IMO, best you can do is write to them pointing out that the alternative accomodation is of a lower standard and you should therefore pay less. If they don't agree with that, perhaps consider looking elsewhere ?

Comment

HUGE AL is happy to help with rhetoric if you need...
      HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
      X