Paradise Hotel, Busan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jhm,

if you've never been to Busan before (or if you have, but for a very short time) it may be worth visiting, it'll be something different compared to Seoul; Busan is quite nice, Seoul I hear is more multi-cultural but the traffic is so bad (and I secong what MANFlyer has said already).

As said before, in comparison to Seoul wrt other factors, I don't have an opinion. I am sure others here (of Korean origin or not) will be more than able to assist.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
      Just reviving this old thread about the difference between Seoul and Busan. I have a choice whether I want to stopover in Busan or fly direct from Seoul to Osaka for no difference in the fare and I was just wondering whether it's worth it ?

I read that Busan vs Seoul is similar to Osaka vs Tokyo, i.e. the smaller city is rougher, louder and more down to earth! I'm not into cultural activities like museums etc but just the food and the buzz/vibe of the place!
      Tricky one this, particularly as I haven't been to Osaka and I haven't had much free time during my visits to either Seoul or Busan to be able to give you a tourist perspective, particularly during the day time. I am normally on flying work visits.

The Haeundae Beach area of Busan is pretty decent and has plenty eating and drinking places in the evening. I do quite like the Westin there as well.

Seoul traffic can be horrendous but so can Busan's!. An issue if you are staying in Haeunda Beach as its the other side of the city from the airport and you have to cross the river etc over bridges and the tunnel.

As a matter of interest, when are you doing the trip ?. I am back in Busan in October.

Comment

Now that MANF mentioned the Westin, I've had a dinner once (summer '06) at the Japanese restaurant there. Absolutely fantastic cuisine. Chef had done 'time' in a Japanese restaurant in Chicago, IL before coming here.

Comment

Thanks for the further responses! They still don't help in making up my mind. I guess I'll have to try both if I have time.

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          As a matter of interest, when are you doing the trip ?. I am back in Busan in October.
          We miss each other by a month! I'll arrive in Seoul in early October, hope to hook up with a famous SQTalker in Tokyo (I will see what the fuss is all about ) but the rest of my fortnight is TBD at the moment.

Comment

Working...
          X