spg properties in vancouver for winter olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spg properties in vancouver for winter olympics

hi everyone, i went to the olympics in torino 3 years ago and had so much fun that i decided i would definitely go again in 4 years in vancouver, especially considering it is one of my favorite cities. yet i have been looking for availability during the olympic period (approx feb12-feb 29), and not a single spg property is showing availability. do you think that the hotels are already booked up (in today's economy i have trouble believing that), they have not made bookings available, or you have to buy a package? any sqtalkers who might be familiar with this, i kindly ask for your assistance. thanks!

A lot of the hotels have been "holding" their bookings for corporations. I was told by one of my channel partners (who is a minor sponsor) that things should open up.
    HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
      A lot of the hotels have been "holding" their bookings for corporations. I was told by one of my channel partners (who is a minor sponsor) that things should open up.
      thanks so much buddy!

Comment

Actually, it is still too early to tell.

Whether there is availability or not, depends upon what kind of arrangement the IOCC has with the host city.

Currently for the year 2009, most peak season rates are eliminated for our properties of Categories 5 and above. Therefore, I would not be able to provide a confirmed answer to your queries as yet.

apguest.forum@starwoodhotels.com

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
        Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd

Comment

Working...
        X