Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new W Seminyak - but where in Bali is Seminyak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A friend is asking about the Contiki Bali in Seminyak - has anyone experienced it?

She's not looking for 5* luxury, just a decent and comfortable 3* room would do. But more importantly - is the hotel as 'fun' as it sounds on its promotional material (live bands, DJs, dance parties, volleyball competitions, funky staff etc)? On a scale of 1-10 how's the crowd at the hotel? And is it in walking distance of great nightlife? Her main requirement is to meet other travellers and get pissed the entire week.

Or should she be staying somewhere in Kuta instead? I think she said that she wanted "different" as everyone seems to go to Kuta.

I've been on a few Contiki tours myself and found them a lot of fun. But I've never stayed at a Contiki Resort (4 stars according to the website) as I thought they're more associated with youth hostels.

Who knows, if the reviews are positive I myself could give this hotel a go if I end up in Bali before the W opens.

Or are there any more upmarket alternatives with the same features as this hotel?
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 8 November 2007, 02:50 AM.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
      Her main requirement is to meet other travellers and get pissed the entire week.
      She should be able to find some fellow travelers with that goal in mind there. I pass by it often but have never really looked at it closely.

Don't really need to walk anywhere. You can rent a scooter for $2.70 USD a day, or there are always plenty of Bluebird taxis right outside the front.

There are plenty of restaurants withing walking distance and a bunch of bars right on that street. Nightlife in Bali doesn't really get going until late 1-2 am, and goes on till dawn pretty much.

Comment

Thanks dcflyer. I think she's going ahead to book it on Monday as the hotel does seem a lot more interesting than the other resorts around. She did look at the other resorts around Seminyak (i think she looked at the Oberoi and some other place) per another friend's recommendations but according to her they all seem pretty quiet.

With all the rave reviews of the Bali party scene I might just tweak my flights a little and include DPS.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

It is the low season now...so many less tourists and traffic. And it can rain at night very hard at night sometimes. This place is nuts during August and picks up a lot in December as well.

I think the Oberoi area would not be as good as Contiki.....Oberoi is a little older and more couply, lthough there are great bars and restaurants there. But nothing is to far away that you cannot take a cab to.

Comment

Working...
          X