SQ 772ER to Hanoi in Economy: A Taste of Vietnam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
    A view of 9V-SVN from the tarmac of the Noi Bai VIP complex that day, from our PM's FB page.
    Just curious, did they leave the engines running and just stopped briefly for PM's boarding and then taxi off for departure right away? Or was it a longer stop?

Comment

Originally posted by wdranne View Post
      Just curious, did they leave the engines running and just stopped briefly for PM's boarding and then taxi off for departure right away? Or was it a longer stop?
      We were towed all the way from pushback at the international terminal to the VIP complex i.e. engines were only started after everyone had boarded at the VIP complex. Guess they didn't want to risk the RR Trents ingesting any loose caps or red carpet...

Just a brief stop before departing...

Comment

We were towed all the way from pushback at the international terminal to the VIP complex i.e. engines were only started after everyone had boarded at the VIP complex. Guess they didn't want to risk the RR Trents ingesting any loose caps or red carpet...

Just a brief stop before departing...
        I see! Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
          Lastly, my understanding is that the Singapore ministers are only eligible to travel J on business trips. The PM gets F if it is available but if the aircraft only has Suites and J, as in the A380, he is only eligible for J as the former is deemed too extravagant for a public servant. Can anyone confirm this?
          I believe Ministers and above are entitled to First Class and recently Suites have been also been allowed.

Don't quote me though!

Comment

Originally posted by pokfur View Post
            I believe Ministers and above are entitled to First Class and recently Suites have been also been allowed.

Don't quote me though!
            Yup, ministers are entitled to fly in F... Not sure about flying in Suites as before they were never allowed.
            God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

The smoking room is next to the room with the massage chairs. The fact that you didn't notice it is probably a good thing: either you are a non-smoker, or not a nicotine addict
              I am a smoker so I can smell a smoking room a mile away. I'm surprised that I've never caught the scent of the smoking room in the lounge.

Yes my first time seeing it too. At least on this flight, some FA's showed the menu card pro-actively, others continued to ask verbally. Of course being my usual thick-skinned self, I requested to see the card and asked the nice FA to hold it still while I snapped a photo...
              Your thick-skin is one of the reasons why your TRs are so popular.

Let's see if this menu card becomes more prevalent on the regional flights.

Comment

Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
                Your thick-skin is one of the reasons why your TRs are so popular.
                Bulletproof? No....Thick? Without a doubt!

Comment

Working...
                X