Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paris Business Redemption

Hi all,

Am waitlisted business redemption for SIN-CDG (end Apr) and CDG-SIN (mid May) since December 2016. Many of the dates aren't even available for waitlist and I'm surprised that Apr / May is a peak period for this route.

Besides calling them to chase (they'll always give the same answer), are there any ways i can increase my chance of getting the waitlist cleared? e.g. buying premium econ tix and redeeming an upgrade, or some other ideas?

Anyone else has the same issue with the CDG route?

One way to increase your probability would be to get yourself onto QPP/TPP status, if you aren't already one.

Comment

The day of travel can also have an impact. Redemptions on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night departures are often more difficult than other days of the week.

This is a bit of a guess (based on personal experience), but I don't think SQ releases more than 2-4 seats initially (depending on total biz class capacity on said flight) per flight for redemption/upgrade.

I successfully upgraded directly online from PE to Biz for MAN-SIN (Saver) for my wife and I, resulting in the Saver redemption being put on waitlist. For SIN-MAN, my wife and I are on Waitlist to upgrade. Judging from expertflyer, I'm not hopeful since Biz class looks to be at least 2/3 to 3/4 full. Probably Antipodeans/Brits heading back to the old sod for the Easter hols.

Comment

No harm giving KF a call and request nicely.

It sometimes worked for me. If the trip is for an anniversary or birthday, it also helps.

Comment

On most longhaul destinations it is in principle the same problem, more demand than supply. It quite hard to find biz saver award space.

In your situation the Easter holiday period will most likely fuel demand. If you have waitlisted a weekend departure, without status your chance to get on that flights is slim. If you waitlisted more than 1 person, even worse.
          To increase your chance choose, as suggest above, departures on Tuesday/Wednesday and dayflights out of SIN tend also to have better availability.
          My record so far: No award waitlist has been cleared automatically, only once I could get it cleared by chasing about 2 weeks before.

Comment

Working...
          X