No announcement yet.

Help me plan a trip with StarAlliance points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't forget on awards flying SQ does not release F & J seats to other *A programs on 77W or A380 a/c. This limits the options to/from Europe.
    does this mean that there are virtually less seats availiable on the SQ11 flight on december this year for redemption by diamond club members? Cause i will be earning enough miles on my routing of SIN-BKK-ZRH-LHR-ZRH-BKK-SIN and SIN-(NRT)-LAX-(NRT)-SIN.
    I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

Originally posted by LOWJHG View Post
      does this mean that there are virtually less seats availiable on the SQ11 flight on december this year for redemption by diamond club members? Cause i will be earning enough miles on my routing of SIN-BKK-ZRH-LHR-ZRH-BKK-SIN and SIN-(NRT)-LAX-(NRT)-SIN.
      SQ11/12 has virtually zero availability in O or I class.

Comment

I have used the ANA search engine a bit to see where there are first class seats available...it looks like I can get FRA-(LH)-SIN-(SQ)-HKG on first class. I'm hoping for a 24 hour stop in Singapore and a couple of days in Hong Kong. Back again is HKG-(TG)-BKK...this flight lands at 22.25. I would like to check out Turkish Airlines the following day at 23.35 but that means that I'm breaking the 24 timers rule by 1 hour....the question is how strict they are when it comes to this rule. But there are also first class seats on TG flights to FRA. Well, I think I have a plan now to present to Eurobonus when I call them. Alternative 2 is FRA-BKK-NRT but that will be a mix of first and business.
        Regards
        Gard
        http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures

Comment

No breaking of the 24 hour rule! (you mean, transit vs stopover, right?)

Do I smell an LH FCT party?

Comment

It would be great with a FCT party but I might be forced to leave on the 26th in order to get my tickets to work out. So they are pretty strict on the 24 hour stopover rule? Then I guess I have to look into flying TG home again.
            Regards
            Gard

Comment

Hi

I have just spoken to SAS Eurobonus...I used the ANA search engine this weekend and I came up with a couple of alternatives that showed free seats in First class and I thought that it would be easy getting my trip booked...but I guess I have to think again. The conversation with Eurobous turned out to be short as there were no available seats to Bangkok or Singapore on the days that I was looking into. The lady started talking about economy seats but I'm not flying any legs on economy if I'm paying first class price.

The lady at Eurobous was very nice by the way and recommended me to avoid the major hubs (e.g. Bangkok and Singapore) as you might have to book 1 year ahead to get the seats you want But isn't it a bit of a contradiction...you have to go through some of the major hubs to get back to Europe don't you?

Well, I guess I have to go back to the drawing board...
              Regards
              Gard

Comment

OK, it looks like I have been able to make a booking now :-) It includes Frankfurt to Hong Kong on LH first, from Hong Kong to Bangkok (via Phuket??) and then home on Thai first to Frankfurt. It looks like it is TG922...how is first class on Thai 747? I see on seatguru that there are two versions of 747 listed....what is the difference? I might try to change it from FRA to LHR instead and hopefully that will make it easier for me to get back home :-)
                Regards
                Gard

Comment

Working...
                X