Singapore Airlines To Terminate Dubai-Moscow-Dubai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore Airlines To Terminate Dubai-Moscow-Dubai

According to Russian media, SQ376/SQ375 will have a phased termination culminating in an end of services on 03 July 2009 (departure from Moscow the day after) as reflected on a check on the GDS just now.

One wonders how the route was justified for so long

I think the Dubai-Moscow tag was vestigial. Not too many years ago, SQ flew to Moscow only via Dubai.

Comment

The flight is removed from SQ's online schedules too!
      My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

We had an SQ RTW booked in A class.

I was told our flight from DXB to DME (SQ376) is no longer being operated. SQ was offering refund. But I want them to buy seats for us to take EK. Am I asking too much? The agent said she would have to escalate to the supervisor and I was told to wait for their decision.

The tickets were paid in full and issued. I believe SQ has a contractual obligation to take us from DXB to DME. What rights do I have here?

Comment

Originally posted by jarusoba View Post
          ....The tickets were paid in full and issued. I believe SQ has a contractual obligation to take us from DXB to DME. What rights do I have here?
          You have right to a full refund without any fee irrespective of fare rules.

Comment

Originally posted by jarusoba View Post
            We had an SQ RTW booked in A class.

I was told our flight from DXB to DME (SQ376) is no longer being operated. SQ was offering refund. But I want them to buy seats for us to take EK. Am I asking too much? The agent said she would have to escalate to the supervisor and I was told to wait for their decision.

The tickets were paid in full and issued. I believe SQ has a contractual obligation to take us from DXB to DME. What rights do I have here?

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...l/carriage.jsp

Not many. They can refund and end liability there for a canceled flight.

If it were me, I wouldn't be messing around and just book myself onto the EK flight and get a refund.

Comment

Dubai further reduced to 15 weekly from 13AUG09
              Airline Route | twitter

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                You have right to a full refund without any fee irrespective of fare rules.
                Originally posted by Centurionman View Post

Not many. They can refund and end liability there for a canceled flight.
                Are you sure this is correct ? I find it very surprising if it's really the case that on a round the world ticket, SQ can really refund part of the fare paid attributable to the DXB-DME flight and tell the pax to sort him/herself out (at much higher cost). Surely a re-routing - at SQ's cost - is required.

The general conditions of carraige posted by Centurionman say:

If Carrier cancels .. a flight ... , Carrier shall, with due consideration to the passenger's reasonable interests, either:

(a) ...; or

(b) re-route the passenger to the destination ... by its own scheduled services or the scheduled services of another carrier ... If ... the fare ... for the revised routing is higher ..., Carrier shall require no additional fare or charge from the passenger ... ; or

(c) make a refund

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                  Are you sure this is correct ? I find it very surprising if it's really the case that on a round the world ticket, SQ can really refund part of the fare paid attributable to the DXB-DME flight and tell the pax to sort him/herself out (at much higher cost). Surely a re-routing - at SQ's cost - is required.

The general conditions of carraige posted by Centurionman say:
                  In the Conditions of Contract, it stated:

9. We undertake to use our best
                  efforts to carry you and your
                  baggage with reasonable dispatch.
                  Times shown in timetables or
                  elsewhere are not guaranteed and
                  form no part of this contract. We or
                  any other carrier on which you may
                  travel may without notice
                  substitute alternate carriers or
                  aircraft, and may alter or omit
                  stopping places shown on the ticket
                  in case of necessity. Schedules are
                  subject to change without notice.
                  Neither we nor any other carrier on
                  which you may travel shall assume
                  any responsibility for your
                  connections on SIA or any other
                  carrier.
                  How come there are two different Conditions of Contract/Conditions of Carriage? Am I SOL? If I had to buy my own way from DXB to DME, I might as well cancel the whole trip!

Comment

You're referring to the SQ "Conditions of Contract" set out here:

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...l/contract.jsp

and Centurionman posted a link to the SQ "General Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage" set out here:

I could be wrong in my understanding but I think the "Conditions of Contract" form part of the terms and conditions of the airline ticket issued by SQ, i.e. the legal contract between the passenger and SQ. Section 3 of the "Conditions of Contract" says:

your carriage and other services performed by us ... are subject to ... our Conditions of Carriage
                    i.e. this wording says that everything in the "General Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage" is incorporated automatically into the ticket.

What you quote from the "Conditions of Contract":

We undertake to use our best efforts to carry you and your baggage with reasonable dispatch. Times shown in timetables or elsewhere are not guaranteed and form no part of this contract. We or any other carrier on which you may travel may without notice substitute alternate carriers or aircraft, and may alter or omit stopping places shown on the ticket in case of necessity. Schedules are subject to change without notice. Neither we nor any other carrier on which you may travel shall assume any responsibility for your connections on SIA or any other carrier.
                    should be read together with what I quoted above from the "General Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage", i.e. the two are not meant to be in conflict with each other.

(To be pedantic, I'm not sure the SQ "Conditions of Contract" apply in your case anyway unless your ATW ticket was issued by SQ. What probably applies is:

* the "Conditions of Contract" (or equivalent) of the airline which issued your ATW ticket; and

* for the purposes of the SQ DXB-DME flight, the SQ "General Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage".)

Comment

Are you sure this is correct ? I find it very surprising if it's really the case that on a round the world ticket, SQ can really refund part of the fare paid attributable to the DXB-DME flight and tell the pax to sort him/herself out (at much higher cost). Surely a re-routing - at SQ's cost - is required.......
                      SQ cannot refund just one segment. SQ can refund the entire ticket if unused. SQ will re-route the passenger if the passenger is enroute.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                        SQ cannot refund just one segment. SQ can refund the entire ticket if unused. SQ will re-route the passenger if the passenger is enroute.
                        Even if the pax is not enroute (i.e. has not yet started the ATW), I'd find it surprising if it's really the case that SQ (or the carrier which issued the tix) can force the pax to accept a full refund. In the OP's case, I think he should insist on a re-route by SQ at SQ's cost whether or not he's started the ticket.

Comment

(To be pedantic, I'm not sure the SQ "Conditions of Contract" apply in your case anyway unless your ATW ticket was issued by SQ. What probably applies is:

* the "Conditions of Contract" (or equivalent) of the airline which issued your ATW ticket; and

* for the purposes of the SQ DXB-DME flight, the SQ "General Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage".)
                          SQ issued my tickets.

Comment

Even if the pax is not enroute (i.e. has not yet started the ATW), I'd find it surprising if it's really the case that SQ (or the carrier which issued the tix) can force the pax to accept a full refund. In the OP's case, I think he should insist on a re-route by SQ at SQ's cost whether or not he's started the ticket.
                            Yes. since this ticket involves multiple stops. While most of my arrangements are refundable, there are a couple of places that have non-refundable arrangements. I am hoping SQ could reroute me.

Comment

Thanks for all your comments.

It looks like SQ is going to accommodate us by buying First class seats from EK to take us from DXB to DME.

Now my question is, whether we will get our Aeroplan points/status miles/COS bonuses on this EK flight? I'm not too optimistic but at least our trip is not screwed.

Thanks SQ!!

Comment

Working...
                              X