Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Business Class Experience - coming this Saturday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quik! View Post
    The next flight is at 12.30, 4 hours...hmmm ....
    I have heard of people happy to set up camp there for the whole day... and you are worried about 4 hours?

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
      I have heard of people happy to set up camp there for the whole day... and you are worried about 4 hours?
      Some even stay overnight...

4 hours of DOM...Ben and Jerry's....DOM....satay with peanut sauce...DOM....laksa..Did i mention DOM?...mmmmm
      Last edited by KeithMEL; 9 January 2007, 08:47 PM.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
        Good on ya, mate!

Make sure you pre-assign your seats. Rows 17 and 11 are good (UD), but I think it's impossible to get 17AC unless you're PPS. Still, 17K is fair game. 17 is the emex row and has unlimited space - no obstacles getting into or out of your seat if you're by the window.

BTC - look for the ex-LHR menu on the website, and give SQ a call to organise it. And the best bit is you can (politely) decline your BTC order if the onboard menu looks more appealing.

Enjoy!
        Amazingly, my TA got me 17A (first 744 Raffles flight when I was only *G) on 3 out of 4 sectors 744 flights, and I didn't particularily like that seat, so I changed other 17A seat allocations to some rows back...

Comment

Some even stay overnight...
          Yikes! That's TERRIBLE. I wonder who does that sort of thing......

Comment

The SKL F is back in favour today I see...

I did like a comment I read on TOF earlier today - how airline employees must find it all so funny that a lot of us go ga ga about what is - at the end of the day - an airline's waiting room!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
              a lot of us go ga ga about what is - at the end of the day - an airline's waiting room!
              Beats sitting out by the gate

Comment

The SKL F is back in favour today I see...

I did like a comment I read on TOF earlier today - how airline employees must find it all so funny that a lot of us go ga ga about what is - at the end of the day - an airline's waiting room!
                Doesn't negate the fact that booze in there is free, high quality and plentiful. Oh those glorious days of feasting when this SATS refugee gets guested into the SKL by good samaritans, most recently - a self-proclaimed SKL resident...
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

most recently - a self-proclaimed SKL resident...
                  I've even got this resident's address:

Slumberette V
                  Singapore Airlines Silver Kris Lounge
                  First Class section
                  Mezzanine Floor
                  Terminal 2
                  Changi international Airport
                  Singapore.

Comment

a self-proclaimed SKL resident...
                    A nasty case of vitamin D deficiency there it seems!

Comment

Actually, by booking a series of SIN-KUL tix, is it possible to use the SKL F as a hotel for (say) a week with free (high quality as KeithMEL says) food and drink ?

Comment

A nasty case of vitamin D deficiency there it seems!
                        No, it's actually a case of vitamin S deficiency.
                        Right now, this person's about 17 Units short.

Vitamin S is extremely expensive to obtain. Flying one way to London in J only exposes you long enough to get 5 units. Sitting from rows 1-4 gets more exposure hence 6 Units of vitamin S. Sitting behind row 25 however, gets you no units of vitamin S due to lack of exposure being blocked by wings and all.
                        Last edited by SQflyergirl; 9 January 2007, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Also of note, that a one year cure from the ailments requires 25 units of vitamin S, however, an overdose of 1000 units of Vitamin S cures you for life.

Comment

Actually, by booking a series of SIN-KUL tix, is it possible to use the SKL F as a hotel for (say) a week with free (high quality as KeithMEL says) food and drink ?
                            Don't know about the food (satay's great though) but I was describing the DOM and the wines.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                              Also of note, that a one year cure from the ailments requires 25 units of vitamin S
                              Well, if you want to be precise, the cure lasts for at least one year - possibly more!

Comment

Hahha...I wanted to change my flights so that I could get to stay overnight at the SKL lounge but alas my plan doesn't permit me to do so!

Anyway I managed to book myself seat 17K, as suggested here, so yay! I also changed my next flight on SQ108 so I'll have 4 hours in SKL F. You guys are sure I can get onto SKL F on SIN-KUL F?

Comment

Working...
                                X