Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EK A380 interior pics

http://www.flightglobal.com/airspace...s/default.aspx

That 4th pic... the lady has her hair wrapped up. Does that mean showers on board?

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      That 4th pic... the lady has her hair wrapped up. Does that mean showers on board?
      Yes. I read somewhere EK is getting rid of all seatback paper (magazines, etc. don't know whether it extends to the barf bag) and the weight saved from that will be used to carry water for the two showers. The seatmap shows the shower locations upstairs.

Comment

You can just about make out the shower hose/head to the LHS of the fourth photo

Comment

But she seems to appear to have no neck..... spooky.

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

just noticed about the neckless head.. spooky it is!
              especially since her head looks grotesquely larger than her body..

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                Yes. I read somewhere EK is getting rid of all seatback paper (magazines, etc. don't know whether it extends to the barf bag) and the weight saved from that will be used to carry water for the two showers. The seatmap shows the shower locations upstairs.
                So much for EK's announcing their intentions to be Eco friendly.

The EK A380 has 2 additional members of service staff on board to be cleaners for the showers, lounge area, galleys and WC

Comment

Showers? Gimmick!

I wouldn't appreciate having water rationed when I shower

Or to shower with recycled water

But I like the unwashed masses in Y cabin downstairs

Reminds me of steerage class on Titanic ( where Leo was )

Comment

I notice business class has a neat layout 1-2-1 but without the wide seats of SQ new business class.

Comment

Imagine half way through your shower: *ding* Ladies and Gentlemen, due to turbulent weather expected, the captain has turned on the fasten seat belts sign. All passengers please return to your seats.

Comment

Is that why you pick seats at the front?

Comment

Just watched the live ceremony...........The only thing that i liked was the on board shower and the bar. WOA!

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SGA View Post
                            Imagine half way through your shower: *ding* Ladies and Gentlemen, due to turbulent weather expected, the captain has turned on the fasten seat belts sign. All passengers please return to your seats.
                            I don't get that. What do you have to do if you step into the shower and suddenly the whole plane starts shaking due to turbulent weather.

"Dear Ladies and Gentlemen, due to turbulent weather we kindly ask you to return to your seats and fasten your seatbelt. Guests in First class who are currently having a shower are asked to use to new shower belt, which is located right under the shower gel holder. If you have any problems fastening your "shower belt" a cabin attendant will assist you."
                            You are not, who you are, you are who you want to be.

Comment

Originally posted by hon2 View Post
                              I don't get that. What do you have to do if you step into the shower and suddenly the whole plane starts shaking due to turbulent weather.

"Dear Ladies and Gentlemen, due to turbulent weather we kindly ask you to return to your seats and fasten your seatbelt. Guests in First class who are currently having a shower are asked to use to new shower belt, which is located right under the shower gel holder. If you have any problems fastening your "shower belt" a cabin attendant will assist you."
                              Although having the showers onboard was a good idea, i think it will be only a matter of time when a EK first class PAX ends up suing EK. what happens if a passenger gets hurt in those showers?

Comment

Working...
                              X