Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Priority lane confusion

Perhaps chaos would be a better word...

SQ231 departed from A14 this morning. I came back from T2 (where they have bar staff in the SKL...) at about midnight. Walked up from the Skytrain towards the gate and I could see the huge queue from a distance. Not a problem I thought, there will be a priority channel, and I will be in my seat with a glass of Krug within 10 mins max.

Well I got there and there was no sign of the blue priority channel board. What to do. It was too late to go back down to the lounges and bars (despite it being blatantly obvious that there was not a cat in hell's chance it was leaving on time), and there's nothing up that end of T3 so after killing 5 minutes by having a wander around (where I did find another outdoor/smoking area near A21 I didn't know about!) I decided to join the queue. There was a lot of people sat on the floor everywhere just waiting for the queue to go down.

I was queuing for about 15 minutes and had got to near the entrance to the gate area (bottle neck would be a better description) when an Aussie guy in front swore rather loudly and marched off past the queue and into the gate. A minute or so later more pax in front mumbled (not quite as expletive laden as the first guy ) and did the same. Cheeky sods I thought, pushing in like that. I decided to pop my head further in to see where they had gone and I saw the blue priority board - literally next to the luggage scanner itself.

This was completely inside the gate area and out of sight until you had already queued and were in the gate. Not only that, but because the scanner had the blue board next to it, many non status pax in Y wouldn't use it, hence the bottle neck as there were only two other operational scanners, for a full 744 !!!. There was a number of less than favourable comments made about this...

I got on board at about 00.40 (for a 00.30 departure...) despite joining the queue at about 00.10 and we left well after 0100am. I thought I was at LHR for a moment...
    Last edited by MAN Flyer; 2 March 2008, 04:25 PM.

That should raise a lot of concern, IMO. The confusing signage and long wait times are not at all what I associate with Changi.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

That happened to me too when I was on SQ231 a month ago now. Everyone was in the priority lane.

I told the ground staff who were scanning my BP and they didn't seem to care much for it. So I wrote an email to customer service, received a typed response about 3 weeks ago and I really hoped that they did something about it.

But it seems like they haven't.

Comment

Same thing happened at gate A10 a few weeks ago when I was travelling on SQ225. No priority sign, so EVERYONE, literally everyone, including the members of Parliament who were returning to Perth, from Japan had to line up in the same line. We ended up departing 30 min. late.

Comment

Originally posted by Derek View Post
          So I wrote an email to customer service, received a typed response about 3 weeks ago and I really hoped that they did something about it.
          Care to share with us the received response?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post
            Care to share with us the received response?

Thanks
            Sure.. Names changed to protect the innocent

Dear Mr Derek

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regaring your recent experiences at the new T3 in Singapore. We are sorry to hear that the boarding process was not up to the usual standards we would expect.

I will pass your comments onto my colleagues managing this new Terminal. You are correct to assert that possibly these are teething problems as we learn to work in the new terminal, but we should still do better for our priority passengers in the premium cabins. Overall, the feedback on the new terminal has been positive but it will be details, such as you have outlined , that will make the real difference.

Mr Derek I, once again thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback and I trust your travel experiences in T3 will improve in the future.

Yours sincerely
            (Signature in blue pen)
            Manager NSW & ACT

I will be in T3 again later this month, so I guess we will see what happens then. But I am sure they will get it right eventually.

Comment

SQ308 this morning, gate B4. At the main general gate area, of which B4 is one, three scanners being used and same length queue at all of them. Priority Lane board out next to middle scanner but anybody was using it so totally useless.

Got to 20 mins to departure and they were walking around asking who was flying to LHR. Anyone who said yes was told to join the shortest queue. When a guy in Raffles asked about the priority lane he just shrugged his shoulders.

Through to multi gate holding area and two lanes for B4. One marked Priority but again everyone using it so both queues same length. In fairness when the security guy who checked my Passport against BP saw I was in F he took me to the front of the queue, but if it was enforced properly there would be no need for this.

Comment

Working...
              X