Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HiddenJourneys View Post
    Hope you enjoy the flight!

Could I ask a favour? Could you please check out Flight Path (the moving-map) during the flight?!

Flight SQ308 (with the latest KrisWorld IFE) is trialling an exciting new version of the Flight Path moving-map, which tells you about fascinating parts of the world you are flying over.

I'm a member of the Royal Geographical Society (with IBG) Hidden Journeys team that produced this content for Singapore Airlines. We've just put out this media release announcing the trial.

This upgrade of Flight Path takes the form of specific 'points of interest' that the Hidden Journeys team have researched and located along the flight path. As you fly near and over the next point of interest, a new set of stunning images and informative captions about that location will be displayed.

We (the project team) would love to get feedback from passengers who might have seen the new Flight Path content on SQ308 / SQ319, so could you please have a watch during the flight and lets us know what you think?!

(And if there is any chance that you can snap some pics of the images/captions running on-screen during the flight that would amazing as well!)

Huge thanks in advance and Happy Holidays!

Daniel
    Web Co-ordinator & Writer – Hidden Journeys
    Sorry for not replying soon. Just got back from London (I hated long flights, but I hate flights to/from Jakarta even more - a lot of rude passengers. I missed CGK-SIN on SQ in the 1990s-2000s

Yup it was 77WN. The flight from Jakarta was even upgraded to 77W. So, all-new planes to London (except the last sector:SIN-CGK). (21 Dec from Jakarta, SQ961, if someone interested in that)

about the flight path, it was excellent. and indeed as you said, there are some kind of explanation to certain points of interest (which I found really interesting). but why make it trial? How about permanent (as I found it to be helpful to bored passengers).

I even recorded the flight path (both on the screen and the mini screen), but not sure if I recorded the "point of interest". I can check it out if you want

Comment

• Originally posted by allmotor_2000 View Post
      Well, I am in SQ 424 tonight and it's a 77WN with
      the new interior - smells new!
      I do wish they took care of the foldable table. It smells terrible when opened on all my four recent flights (CGK SIN LHR SIN CGK), and unfortunately that includes 77WN

Comment

• is all lhr 777 flights from now on using the new 777? or do they still have only one new 777 for this route?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nitrate View Post
          is all lhr 777 flights from now on using the new 777? or do they still have only one new 777 for this route?
          Not all of them are with the new product. We have a few threads on here trying to predict which flights. It seems to keep changing.

They certainly seem to want to concentrate the new 77W on LHR as much as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nitrate View Post
            is all lhr 777 flights from now on using the new 777? or do they still have only one new 777 for this route?
            There are still only two 77WN planes - 9V-SWU and 9V-SWV. Planespotters hasn't listed any ofthe remaining 4 on their production list. Anyone know what the delivery schedules are?

Comment

• Is it available daily on sq319 now?

Comment

• Originally posted by reddevil0728 View Post
                Is it available daily on sq319 now?
                Yes, the two new 77W alternate to operate SQ319 daily. I don't think I've seen or read anything to suggest that's likely to change any time soon.

Comment

• If the 3rd 77WN delivery is on time, SQ 638/637 is targeted to operate 77WN from 31 Mar-14

Comment

• The new IFE is not my cup of tea at all - after an hour of use, the screen and handset were out of sync. Also selecting CDs was not intuitive - you select a genre and it gives you a few highlighted CDs. The rest are in the A-Z search which I ended up using.

And no touchscreen in F or J (only in Y - which solves the out of sync problem - according to the crew.

It normally takes me an hour to get used to a new IFE system (e.g. when I flew Emirates the first time a few years ago or when QF changed their system) but after 13 hours on SQ 308, I was still finding it difficult to use... and I usually pick up IT systems quite quickly. I had no trouble at all with all the previous IFE upgrades but this one is something else.

Comment

• Originally posted by bent View Post
                      If the 3rd 77WN delivery is on time, SQ 638/637 is targeted to operate 77WN from 31 Mar-14
                      Oh wow that's great ! I'm planning a trip to Tokyo. will keep that in mind !

Comment

• Are there any flights from Singapore to Sydney (and vice versa) sporting the new Business and First class interiors?

Comment

• Originally posted by echa2949 View Post
                          Are there any flights from Singapore to Sydney (and vice versa) sporting the new Business and First class interiors?
                          Not with any regularity at this stage and haven't heard of any fixed plans.

There were a couple of days last month when the new planes actually did fly to SYD though. One of SYD's 2 daily A380s was switched onto LHR services and as a replacement, SYD got the 77WN that would have flown to LHR.

Nobody tipped that it would happen so pure luck for those who were lucky enough to be on board!

Comment

• I was pleasantly surprised that SVU was assigned to SQ494 to DXB yesterday. The icing was getting seat 11K. As the locals say during this season, " Huat-ah!".

Comment

• Switched to SQ319 on Friday 3 hours before takeoff after my last meeting was cancelled. Was looking forward to trying the new product but now I know where it went!!

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                              I was pleasantly surprised that SVU was assigned to SQ494 to DXB yesterday. The icing was getting seat 11K. As the locals say during this season, " Huat-ah!".

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                                I was pleasantly surprised that SVU was assigned to SQ494 to DXB yesterday. The icing was getting seat 11K. As the locals say during this season, " Huat-ah!".

Comment

Working...
                                X