X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korean Air's A380 - with pics !

http://www.smh.com.au/photogallery/t...810-1im5x.html

Waaaaah !

Yes, waaah again! I thought these kind of settings only exist on pre-launch mock-ups.

Comment

And here's how they look from the outside:

My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Luxury Inflight

Comment

This is indeed the best looking A380 both inside and outside. Good job, KE!

Comment

Erm... I beg to differ... I've flown EK and spent all of 10 mins of the 7 hour flight in the bar. At the end of the day it's the seat that matters.

What else besides the bar and duty free shop is that special/different/laudable??

The F seats look narrower and of smaller pitch than the much-maligned SQ F on the 77W, let alone the comparable EK A380 F and SQ "R".

The J seats are 2-2-2, 'nuff said.

The Y seats, well, are Y seats...

Comment

You are most likely right about the seats, milehighj. But I don't fly enough on the A380 to be able to make any judgements.

It's a 'waaaaah!' because the photos are really nice. The cabin is well lit and the lighting is perfect. Don't think the lighting would be like that on an actual flight. Seems more to do with the skills of the photographers and the lighting crew in taking the photos IMO.

The design is stylish and soothing. It is tasteful and classy. Not bling like some overdressed Middle East airline. Wonder who the designers were?

Love the umbrellas. I think the marketing team has done a good job in promoting the KE brand.

Comment

Some have showers, others have bars / shop. Wassup with the A380's launch customer, just a class beyond first?

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                  It's a 'waaaaah!' because the photos are really nice. The cabin is well lit and the lighting is perfect. Don't think the lighting would be like that on an actual flight. Seems more to do with the skills of the photographers and the lighting crew in taking the photos IMO.
                  Fair enuf then.

Comment

Agree with Phaleesy, it's sexy marketing, just like Singapore Girls. Tasteful unlike the clubbish feel of Virgin's product.

Comment

It's a pretty average looking hard product. The shop is going to need to do some serious business to survive I would expect.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_botak View Post
                        It's a pretty average looking hard product. The shop is going to need to do some serious business to survive I would expect.
                        Don't worry about that. Koreans are hard-core inflight duty-free shoppers.
                        My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by mr_botak View Post
                          I believe the purpose of the shop is to let the passengers feel and touch the inflight duty free items. Strange but then again maybe that's how they can get the Korean passengers to buy more.

Comment

Originally posted by fone View Post
                            Some have showers, others have bars / shop. Wassup with the A380's launch customer, just a class beyond first?
                            "Class beyond first" was also a rehash of EK's suites, probably except the double beds was their "innovation"...

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                              I've flown EK and spent all of 10 mins of the 7 hour flight in the bar. At the end of the day it's the seat that matters.
                              Ditto with VS and their inflight bar which I didn't even bother to use.

The thrill of flying KE is hoping that you'll get a crazy ex-military pilot who'll entertain you to stunts like this famous one:

CLICK "I AGREE" TO WATCH THE VIDEO

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
                              No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                              I AGREE

Comment

Working...
                              X