Taipei Airport 10 years on - A respectful TR in memory of SQ006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taipei Airport 10 years on - A respectful TR in memory of SQ006

I didn't want to chime in until i could share this with you all. I arrived in TPE this afternoon, and I took a few pictures. As far as I could tell, nobody else on the plane seemed to notice the significance, but anyway - In memory of the 83 human beings that lost their lives that night. Note: I am writing this in the most respectful tone I can. Arguments about whose fault it was etc etc - please take it to another thread.

The report:
    You see, today, was a rather ordinary day at Taoyuan International Airport. Flights came and went. Mine did too - on time. As we approached the airfield, I noticed us coming in from the west - which meant either a 05 or 06 landing.

Turns out it was a 05 landing. About to land, and I'm looking at taxiway NC in the distance.

Now, 10 years ago, 05 was 05L. Taxiway NC was also a runway - 05R.

As we're rolling to slowdown, it just seems awfully normal.

Taxiway N6, which bisects NC going towards rwy 05. If i'd taken this shot from this same location at the same angle precisely 10 years ago,there would have been an excavator and the empennage of 9V-SPK in the frame. Today, it's a piece of tarmac, silent, like nothing ever happened here. But something did - and we remember.

Looking back at taxiway NC nee 05R after exiting at N8

CX's B-HNQ at gate Bravo7. In the right of the frame is gate Bravo5 - where Singapore 006 pushed back from that fateful night.

That's it - just a few short pictures of what it is today, and how different it was 10 years ago.

RIP - to the people that lost their lives on Singapore 006 that night

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
    RIP - to the people that lost their lives on Singapore 006 that night
    RIP.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

It's amazing how time flies .
      Thank You for putting in the time to write this report .
      RIP to all those who perished

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        RIP.
        -RIP-
        ________
        Honda RVF750 RC45
        Last edited by j.lin; 13 March 2011, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the pics. R.I.P. to all those that lost their lives on that fateful event.

Comment

Heart goes out to the familes and friends who lost their loved ones. Thanks for the short TR SQfg.
            God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

RIP to the 83.

Comment

It was a very sad day.

RIP to the 83 who perished that day.

Comment

-R.I.P-

Comment

Working...
                  X