YVR/NRT/YVR SEP2010 quite a disappointing experience on JL Biz Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YVR/NRT/YVR SEP2010 quite a disappointing experience on JL Biz Class

Flew on JL Biz class in SEP after a 6 years absent on their very old J products, this time Shell Flat Seat /the Magic II IFE with totally about 17 movies/videos to choose, and the ob-board catering is actually a shame to call it Biz class...Frankly if they have called it a Premium Economy, I think I would not be that disappointed.

JL017/22SEP
    YVR/NRT

The Sakura Lounge at YVR Airport

My first meal of the day, the JAL brand instant udon

The B744 getting ready to bring me to NRT

Upper Deck

Window Seat which means not east to go to washroom..

pillow and blanket

inflight amenities, sorry no personal amenity kit

Slippers and oh...Headphones from EY?

My first drink (yes there's no Welcome drink on ground)

My meal Japanese choice

Dessert 2 types (but I did have them on my flight from YVR/HKG on CX EY class)

The most dull looking Biz class Washroom I have ever been
    Last edited by agmhkg; 27 October 2010, 04:39 AM.

A few more hours to go

In-flight snack, either the JAL cup noodles or these prepacked items, sorry no sandwiches on this sector.

2nd Meal, Western entree is the only choice which comes with fruits for the whole flight

Salt and pepper

On the return Sector the inflight product is more or less the same, however the Sakura Lounge at the Narita T2 main building at least can provide a decent place to dine and relax.

Sakura Lounge, NRT T2 main building

Sitting area on the lower level

self service drinks

Upper level dining area

with my bad experience with the on-board catering, I stuff myself as much as I can...

Comment

JL018/28SEP
      NRT/YVR

Frankly the quality of the catering ex TYO is much better, though the cut back is still obvious

The Japanese set on the 1st meal, not mine but the lady sitting next to me...

MY choice, beef steak, the only down side.....cold bread/bun

quite a nice dessert, the sesame sauce is memorable...

extra amenity offered by the crew....

It's fuuny to find out that on this shorter flight time sector they have sandwiches...in addition to the cup noodles and packed snacks.

wake up drink....tetra pack OJ.....ok at least it's from Japan...*o*

Finally the breakfast, and again , the only time you can have fruits....

Over all the experience is a bit disappointed specially on the catering, hard ware.... crew service is good as they did try their best with the limited resources, having said that, you can still feel that they spend more attention to the Japanese pax
      Last edited by agmhkg; 6 May 2011, 09:07 AM.

Comment

You should have taken CX !!!

But I guess there's not much choices left for OneWorld partners to get you to NRT from YVR.

Does your ID ticket work for KE or BR as well? Don't tell me you bought full fare C class on JL !

Comment

hahaha at least I'm a MPO Silver myself
          Last edited by agmhkg; 28 October 2010, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Nice pics, agmhkg. Thanks for the TR.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Thanks for sharing! Doesn't look that bad to me though....

Comment

Nice addition to TR collection. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Thank You for the great report .
                  I didn't know JL was that bad :X
                  I've always chosen them over NH cause i felt that the crew always gave more "warmth" as compared to their "siblings" over at NH .

Comment

JL more warm than NH? Surely not! Have always felt it was always the opposite!

Thanks for the TR!

Comment

im envious of you guys flying on J..

Comment

In my most recent experience of JL and NH J back-to-back, I didn't either carrier's service or warmth to be worth writing home about. Quite robotic IMO.

Comment

jjpb3,9V-SIA - Tks :-)

hsf actually it's ok if it was a Premium EY or something however traveling on a Long-haul J class, at least for me, I'll expect more from this...

soarbeyond - tks, I was a bit surprised too....

Kyo, milehighj - I guess I prefer them rather than those who don't even bother to smile..

crazyflyer - I fly on EY more....hehehehe

Comment

me? i will never have a chance of flying on a business class or on first class.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                              JL more warm than NH? Surely not! Have always felt it was always the opposite!
                              I've been flying JL all the way and decided to switch over to NH last year
                              I really felt a big difference

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                              In my most recent experience of JL and NH J back-to-back, I didn't either carrier's service or warmth to be worth writing home about. Quite robotic IMO.

I didn't feel the warmth from NH cause the stewardess blasted at me onboard the plane at NRT ( I didn't know there was a no picture rule )
                              But excluding that , the other flight i took with them , they did seem robotic and lacked warmth when compared to JL ( This was right after a flight i did with JL )

Comment

Working...
                              X