Preselect Seat Before 48-Hour Mark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preselect Seat Before 48-Hour Mark?

Pardon me if this has been asked before. Would it be possible to pre-select seats on SQ other than 48HRS before? I've read that this is possible with tickets booked online. My ticket is booked via a tour agent and I'm holding an e-ticket. I'm looking to pre-selecting upperdeck seats on the A380, any SQtalkers has any advice on this and how I should go about doing this?

Many Thanks

You can call their customer service and ask that they help you with that, just give them you booking reference and they should be able to do it for you. They'll also ask if you have any meal preferences.

Comment

B777rocks, are you flying F, J or Y? If it's F or J, you can pre-select seats anytime before check-in. If it's Y, you can only pre-select in advance only if you booked it through SQ's website.

Comment

Originally posted by coffeeblack View Post
        You can call their customer service and ask that they help you with that, just give them you booking reference and they should be able to do it for you. They'll also ask if you have any meal preferences.
        Thanks!

Originally posted by SQ All The Way View Post
        B777rocks, are you flying F, J or Y? If it's F or J, you can pre-select seats anytime before check-in. If it's Y, you can only pre-select in advance only if you booked it through SQ's website.
        I'm flying Y. I did not book it on SQ's website, instead I booked it via a tour agency. Wondering if pre-selecting seats is still possible.

Comment

Originally posted by B777rocks View Post
          Thanks!

I'm flying Y. I did not book it on SQ's website, instead I booked it via a tour agency. Wondering if pre-selecting seats is still possible.
          If it's Y thru agent, am afraid not, can't preselect seats. But u can call SQ to indicate preference as mentioned earlier

Comment

Originally posted by jammed View Post
            If it's Y thru agent, am afraid not, can't preselect seats. But u can call SQ to indicate preference as mentioned earlier
            Really? That's strange. I had a trip earlier this year that was on Y booked thru an agent and I not only managed to get seat selection but online-upgrade option to C as well. The flight booking just appeared on-screen when I logged on using my KF account.

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
              Really? That's strange. I had a trip earlier this year that was on Y booked thru an agent and I not only managed to get seat selection but online-upgrade option to C as well. The flight booking just appeared on-screen when I logged on using my KF account.
              Hmm, wld really like to be wrong cos I've a Y waiting for 48 hrs prior to select seat. Maybe cos my agent booking is also corporate rate? Anyone can enlighten?

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
                Was that 48 Hours before?

Comment

Originally posted by B777rocks View Post
                  Was that 48 Hours before?
                  Much more than 48hrs.

However, I do remember that seat selection was not possible previously but was surprised that I could do so on that flight - last year, I think.

All my flights since have been booked online so I have no idea if that was a one-off situation or under what circumstances one can access seat selection online for a booking thru an agent.

I assumed seat selection is now possible for all bookings as long as you have the SQ booking number or KF number, until I read this thread. Hmmm

Comment

Working...
                  X