Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mark of a Gentleman - guess who

It seems one of our esteemed SQTalk members is featured on a New York Times
    online piece. Care to take a guess? The feature is an audio slide show entitled On the Street The Mark of a Gentleman.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...ure/index.html

He appears starting 1:18 in the slide show.

Why isn't that one of our most stylish and sharply dressed SQTalkers, and indeed one of the most forward looking people I've ever known when it comes to fashion?

Congrats mate!
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Congrats, Mr. P... You do look fab! Not many ppl dress like that anymore sadly. I have my suspicion before opening that link that it will be you

Comment

WOW! Congratulations, Mr. taipeiflyer. Higher stake in the world of dot dot dots. (No not that kind of dot dot dots. )

Originally posted by singaporu_kooku View Post
          Not many ppl dress like that anymore sadly.
          Hmm would you care why?
          From the bottom, it's not a formal shoes, but a stylish sneaker.
          It's not a dress pants. I can't tell what materials exactly, but it's another style below hip ...

Anyhow, I am not into fashion. So, this old and frail guy has no idea!
          Just post padding.

Comment

I am surprised it took them this long to include taipeiflyer!

Comment

You do look very esteemed, Mr. Taipeiflyer. Where was the picture taken?

Comment

Looking sharp taipeiflyer

Comment

I was browsing through some fashion magazines in Paris recently and came across a whole section dedicated to the English dandy. Not exactly Beau Brummell or the Scarlet Pimpernel style (I so love that period!) but a more modern version of tweed and quasi-countrywear. Is that the latest thing in the fashion industry?

Taipeiflyer has borrowed elements from different areas and has created his own style. He has gone for an informal approach by combining a jacket with a less dressy trousers. The sneakers (are they Converse?) gives an element of scruffiness and geeky chic. The latest Dr Who has been wearing a similar outfit albeit more formal suit since 2005.

Taipeiflyer has completed his gentlemanly look with a black brolly. I'd go for a Burberry print brolly if I wanted a more flamboyant look. That would also complement the fair lady beside him. Would I include a Burberry print flat cap? Maybe not, that would be an overkill. But it could have an effect if one wants to be outrageous. Taipeiflyer has gone for subtility by choosing neutral and non-prints.

Maybe a gentleman's walking stick or cane would replace the brolly when we see him next time.

Comment

No critique on the gloves, then, phaleesy?

taipeiflyer is always the distinguished gentleman. Suave and debonair, the gloves evoke a sense of purposefulness and association, like his person.
                    Last edited by Kyo; 23 November 2008, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                      Hmm would you care why?
                      These days many would prefer to dress up in casual track jacket and jeans. In the world that I live, shorts, tank tops, and thongs (as in slippers.. don't think anything else... ) are the norms. Gone are the days when men dress up as a gentleman.

taipeiflyer's style is very much what many designers (eg. Ferragamo, Dior Hommer, etc) aim for these days, except the shoes, hehe... For more superstyle guides and forums, those interested can refer to here.. http://men.style.com and http://supertalk.superfuture.com

Comment

Awesomeness man Mr Taipeiflyer.
                        fantastic style

Comment

Looking very very slick mr. P

Comment

Taipeiflyer. I wonder why he was the only picture taken in Paris. Others all seem to be from NYC.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                              Taipeiflyer. I wonder why he was the only picture taken in Paris. Others all seem to be from NYC.
                              Paris Fashion Week might have something to do wth it.
                              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
                              X