Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UA routes operated with new Biz.

Hello,
    I'm looking for a travel ex Europe to Australia with UA in economy, but I want to upgrade myself to biz class and would be a wonderful chance to try new biz class.

I know that the usage of refurbished planes on certain routes, albeit expected, is not guaranteed because of last minute changes.

Anyway, I looked up on www.united.com (http://www.suitedreams.united.com/) and it seems the US-OZ routes served with new interiors are limited to UA 863/870 on SFO-SYD and back.

Regarding the TATL, I read that all the services LHR-ORDvv. are refurbished, being operated with 767 and the LHR-IAD vv.(UA922-3) which is 747.

When I tried to view seat map on other casual flights (e.g. UA839) it was refurbished too! So I don't know how is reliable the UA site.

So i'm interested in understand if there are other TATL flights refurbished, which routing would you choose, also considering I'm in economy looking to clear the WL for being upgraded to BC.

1) LHR-ORD-LAX/SFO-SYD
    2) LHR-SFO-SYD
    3) LHR-LAX-SYD
    4) LHR-IAD-LAX/SFO-SYD

I have no problems with no direct routing.
    Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Regards.
    Luke
    There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

hi LukeGT, i can't answer your queston, but maybe you will get more replies if you put this in the star alliance forum, as i know i find myself checking that forum category more frequently than the other airlines forum

Comment

Luke, while I don't have a full listing of the TATL routes served by the 767, IAD-FCO-IAD is one you don't have listed. However, with all routes supposedly served by the reconfigured equipment, one should be aware that equipment changes (scheduled new configuration --> actual old configuration) are not uncommon. While you should have a pretty good idea of the configuration 1-2 days prior to flight, it could still be a surprise waiting for you at the gate. You might wish to check the UA forum on flyertalk . com as there is a thread which discusses the 767 routes served by the new configuration and posters there (also in a separate thread regarding the new C seats) have posted about equipment changes they've experienced. My understanding is UA's cargo website is much more reliable than united . com for those purposes (I tend to just use my usual "crystal ball" approach to know ahead of time).

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
        hi LukeGT, i can't answer your queston, but maybe you will get more replies if you put this in the star alliance forum, as i know i find myself checking that forum category more frequently than the other airlines forum

sorry I'm a newbie on this forum!!! ^_^

Comment

e
          Originally posted by cawhite View Post
          Luke, while I don't have a full listing of the TATL routes served by the 767, IAD-FCO-IAD is one you don't have listed. However, with all routes supposedly served by the reconfigured equipment, one should be aware that equipment changes (scheduled new configuration --> actual old configuration) are not uncommon. While you should have a pretty good idea of the configuration 1-2 days prior to flight, it could still be a surprise waiting for you at the gate. You might wish to check the UA forum on flyertalk . com as there is a thread which discusses the 767 routes served by the new configuration and posters there (also in a separate thread regarding the new C seats) have posted about equipment changes they've experienced. My understanding is UA's cargo website is much more reliable than united . com for those purposes (I tend to just use my usual "crystal ball" approach to know ahead of time).

cawhite, thank you for your post.
          Probably I didn't mention that route because my title was misleading. I'm actually looking for trip itineraries ex-LON rather than ex-EU.
          Thank you for the hint regarding united cargo. What seems very strange to me is that all the Aussie services (ex SFO and ex-LAX) seem to be operated with new biz every day in the next week accordingly to that site....

Thank you for all your suggestions.
          Luke
          Last edited by LukeGT; 11 January 2009, 03:03 AM.

Comment

From FT I understand your chances are far higher on trans-atlantic 767 flights than on trans-pacific 747 flights. UA has an atrocious record with Australia flights - cancellations, delays are quite common - so the potential for equipment swap at last minute is high.

When are you looking at flying? The later your travel the better your odds.

Comment

definitely within january.
              As u said, I had the same idea: LHR-ORD seems to be quite granted with new equipment.
              I'm looking for a quite discreet routing, which include quite tight connection. So in the case of delays, will be interesting to know what will happen.

Comment

UA are pretty good about rebooking on the next available flight (even if it means rerouting), especially for those with status (either UA or *G).

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                  UA are pretty good about rebooking on the next available flight (even if it means rerouting), especially for those with status (either UA or *G).
                  but what happens if you're in Y expecting to use a SWU (both in the case already cleared and you're still waiting at the gate)?

Comment

If your upgrade is already confirmed then you will get business on the other flight, subject to availability. If it hasn't been confirmed then you remain on standby for your new flight (but check to make sure your upgrade request transfers across properly). Depending on the flights, this may mean the upgrade is much more likely, or much less likely.

Comment

Other routes it operates which doesn't help u are.

SFO-KIX
                      SFO-HKG-SGN
                      ORD-HKG-SIN

Comment

Originally posted by fumitani View Post
                        Other routes it operates which doesn't help u are.

SFO-KIX
                        SFO-HKG-SGN
                        ORD-HKG-SIN
                        Hmm you mean I can do SFO-HKG-SIN in the new configuration? Hope I can try soon!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                          Hmm you mean I can do SFO-HKG-SIN in the new configuration? Hope I can try soon!
                          That would be correct

Comment

Working...
                          X