No announcement yet.

First Class Amenity Kits on SQ12 SIN-NRT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LX gave out amenity kits in F for the hop from BKK to SIN - with the fantastic LaPrairie lip balm... It is just pathetic coming up with non-sense rules as to when you can hand out amenity kits or not. Most of the current Ferragamo kits is pretty bad stuff anyway so I am not really bothered - but it doesn't match the F experience telling pax that they meet the general rule but this particular flight is excluded from the rule. More pathetic is that SQ is still flying around the regional F product and not telling anyone that it is around. SIN-MEL with ueber-F (Suites), 77W F and regional F is an example for pretty bad management decisions. Needless to say that on SIN-MEL they are using the regional F for the overnight flight...

Comment

From my own experience, the other way around on my LX SIN-BKK F flight, they didn't hand out amenity kits. Even longhaul pax only got theirs on BKK-ZRH. I didn't ask for one, anyway.

But yes, on BKK-SIN LX F, I know at least one SQTalker who did get one F amenity kit.

In LX J they didn't give 'em out either way unless you're longhaul (and they do ask).

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
        LX gave out amenity kits in F for the hop from BKK to SIN - with the fantastic LaPrairie lip balm... It is just pathetic coming up with non-sense rules as to when you can hand out amenity kits or not. Most of the current Ferragamo kits is pretty bad stuff anyway so I am not really bothered - but it doesn't match the F experience telling pax that they meet the general rule but this particular flight is excluded from the rule. More pathetic is that SQ is still flying around the regional F product and not telling anyone that it is around. SIN-MEL with ueber-F (Suites), 77W F and regional F is an example for pretty bad management decisions. Needless to say that on SIN-MEL they are using the regional F for the overnight flight...
        If you're so upset about it, stop preaching to the choir and write SQ a formal letter and keep us posted. Writing about your gripes online carries very little weight.
        HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
          I would agree on the quality of the items in the Ferragamo kits - only the fragrance/Eau de Toilette is of decent quality, the face mist is okay, but the hand cream & lip balm are junk. I wish SQ will go more like BA F kits.

On some flights getting amenity kits and some don't, it is quite reasonable and non non-sense in my opinion - and it IS the industry practice in general. Only on some Europe-Asia tag on flights on LH/LX etc. can you get amenity kits on short haul flights in J & F, and it is not consistently practiced from what I see.

On SIN-MEL F mixed product-vaganza: I hope it is just a transitional period with deliveries & retirements & redeployment of aircraft. It can indeed be frustrating to buy an F ticket on SQ knowing that you may end up getting the older / (much) less desirable product should you need to change your schedule, or if flight disruptions occur.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            TPR has already been discussed at length in another thread. My thoughts are anyone who really wants to try it ought to buy an F ticket to CGK or MNL and be done with it once and for all...
            For the price of the ticket I prefer dining at some good restaurant downtown

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
              From my own experience, the other way around on my LX SIN-BKK F flight, they didn't hand out amenity kits. Even longhaul pax only got theirs on BKK-ZRH. I didn't ask for one, anyway.

But yes, on BKK-SIN LX F, I know at least one SQTalker who did get one F amenity kit.

In LX J they didn't give 'em out either way unless you're longhaul (and they do ask).
              I usually took LX only on BKK-SIN as the flight the other way around didn't fit my schedule. Most often I got the amenity kit without asking (I am a Senator/*G with them) but if not I asked and got it - I am just a huge fan of the lip balm :-)

Comment

Originally posted by tadtv View Post
                Why does it say on SQ's website that everyone in F class gets a ...sleeper suit except for SQ12? Why that flight? Of course I'm on that one. Thanks
                I think you have misread the statement. It says "Givenchy-designed sleeper suits and Ferragamo toiletry kits are offered on long haul flights, seven hours and above with the exception of SQ12...". Even though SQ12 is less than 7 hrs, you will still get your sleeper suit and toiletry kits.

Comment

Originally posted by Doraemon View Post
                  I think you have misread the statement. It says "Givenchy-designed sleeper suits and Ferragamo toiletry kits are offered on long haul flights, seven hours and above with the exception of SQ12...". Even though SQ12 is less than 7 hrs, you will still get your sleeper suit and toiletry kits.
                  That is very much my interpretation as well. I will be on that flighht in F later this year and will report back.

Comment

I was on SQ12 last Friday - was given one amenity kit for the whole journey from SIN-LAX on the first leg (SIN-NRT), but was given two sleeper suits, one for each segment.

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-SIN View Post
                      I was on SQ12 last Friday - was given one amenity kit for the whole journey from SIN-LAX on the first leg (SIN-NRT), but was given two sleeper suits, one for each segment.
                      That was my experience as well, several times on this flight.

Comment

So, I assume that the amenity kit & sleeper-suit are given for SQ11 (NRT-SIN)?

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
                          Yes, they are.

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
                            They are, but you won't get a second kit if you started in LAX.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                              They are, but you won't get a second kit if you started in LAX.
                              OK...still planning to burn my KF miles on SQ11 sometime in the next few weeks.

Comment

I contacted SQ today to ask about amenity kits on this flight, which I'm taking next month. This is their reply:

With regards to your query, kindly note that sleeper suits and toiletry kits will not be provided on flight SQ 12 from Singapore to Tokyo. However, soft terry-cloth socks and soft eyeshades will be available for the flight, with slippers as an alternative to the socks.

I note on the website as well that no mention is made of this flight being an exception to the rule about amenity kits and PJs being offered only on flights of a certain duration. Does anyone who has flown on SQ12 recently have any updates?

Comment

Working...
                                X