A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
    Does SQ have codeshares on VS' flights from MAN?
    I think it does...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dobbo View Post
      Man Flyer - What is supposed to happen with MUC?

Assume the new MAN service is on the A359 with similar timings (and is there any intention to move to daily)?
      Initial plan is for MUC to keep a daily 77W terminating there. To be honest from a sizeable personal experience on the route MUC doesn't really need F either so a 359 there would probably be a better fit for there as well. There is talk of the MUC flight continuing to MAN on the days MAN's direct 359 doesn't operate but we'll see about that.

The intention is to go daily if the routes goes well, which it should with the type of aircraft low oil price and historical success of the route when nonstop. This is still all TBC, so it could change (again), but the only thing confirmed internally seems to be that flight numbers SQ327/8 will not have an F cabin by the end of next year.

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
      Does SQ have codeshares on VS' flights from MAN?
      Yes they do. They pick a bit of feed to MCO.

Comment

• Would this mean that SIN-MAN would still not be daily?

How would SQ compete with CX, EK then?

Comment

• Exactly which A350s and A380s will get the new Recaro seats?

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...-wideb-423987/
          Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

• With SQ slated to take delivery of 10 A359's this year, I would have expected a few more routes to be announced by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
              Exactly which A350s and A380s will get the new Recaro seats?

It says in that article that SQ bought the A350-1000, but as far as I remember, they only have the A350-900 on order. Or do I stand corrected?

Comment

• MAN Flyer

Thanks for that. I'd think that the recent codeshare move is the first stage of trying to make MUC standalone. My thought is that loads were such that MAN provided more PAX in terms of numbers (with the caveat about yield premium pax etc) so I think they have work to do beforehand.

I'm not sure whether a 3x weekly stopper would work well but if it is essential to keep the daily service it may be the best way.

Has there been any talk about timings of the flights? A similar (early morning) makes sense but also a late night one might be a good idea? Possibly some way down the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ36 View Post
                  Would this mean that SIN-MAN would still not be daily?

How would SQ compete with CX, EK then?
                  The MEB3 offer a phenominal service from MAN. It is hard for CX and SQ to compete. Unless they offered double daily frequency (not remotely possible as things stand) they will always find it tough to match the connectivity.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaywell View Post
                    It says in that article that SQ bought the A350-1000, but as far as I remember, they only have the A350-900 on order. Or do I stand corrected?
                    Oh, actually didn't realize that when I read it. It should be 60 A350-900s and 7 A350-900ULRs.
                    Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      Initial plan is for MUC to keep a daily 77W terminating there. To be honest from a sizeable personal experience on the route MUC doesn't really need F either so a 359 there would probably be a better fit for there as well. There is talk of the MUC flight continuing to MAN on the days MAN's direct 359 doesn't operate but we'll see about that.

The intention is to go daily if the routes goes well, which it should with the type of aircraft low oil price and historical success of the route when nonstop. This is still all TBC, so it could change (again), but the only thing confirmed internally seems to be that flight numbers SQ327/8 will not have an F cabin by the end of next year.

Yes they do. They pick a bit of feed to MCO.
                      Dont I recall that MAN was about the range of 772ER when fully loaded, and then cost more fuel, wanst it the most expensive to run on the network? So I presume that the 359 would be more than happy with the routing to go no-stop.

We generally go from LON now as the stop in MUC albeit short is a painn on the way home...so I can return to MAN more frequently. It do like the 777 takoff from MAN when lighly loaded...like a rocket ship

Comment

• Originally posted by Dobbo View Post
                        The MEB3 offer a phenominal service from MAN. It is hard for CX and SQ to compete. Unless they offered double daily frequency (not remotely possible as things stand) they will always find it tough to match the connectivity.
                        Possibly but having stopped half way through in the middle of night recently and then jumped back on for another 7 hours...Nonstop is perhaps how they compete?

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingDobber View Post
                          Possibly but having stopped half way through in the middle of night recently and then jumped back on for another 7 hours...Nonstop is perhaps how they compete?
                          Absolutely it would be. As much as I love SQ and my ticket was a redemption, my recent flight from Australia to Japan was a real ordeal because neither flight let me get in more than 3 hours and the stop in the middle killed any continuity. I came to the conclusion that I really just wanted a non-stop so I could get 6 hours in between meal services.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
                            Exactly which A350s and A380s will get the new Recaro seats?

The first 10 A350-900s coming this year will be in the long haul configuration, so I would hazard a guess that the subsequent regional versions of the A350-900s will get it?

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                              The first 10 A350-900s coming this year will be in the long haul configuration, so I would hazard a guess that the subsequent regional versions of the A350-900s will get it?
                              That was my guess too.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingDobber View Post
                                I agree - on a MAN-SIN sector.

The kangaroo route is the big long haul moneymaker from MAN. So connections to places like Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Auckland and Christchurch are where most of the money is to be made. Fortunately, SIN is geographically better placed than the Middle East for these connections and has a shorter journey time. This is handicapped by the MUC stopover.

Stopping at MUC is a major handicap and I'm eased that it is looking like changing in the next 18 months or so. I think it would be tough, but I think SQ can make at least daily from MAN work if they get it right. A codeshare with Flybe would be a good start. It has worked wonders for CX and TCX and VS are now using it.

Comment

Working...
                                X