No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When we booked a flight that shows a 3class config but if it were to change to a 4 class config, will the passengers be notified of the change and allow us to select seats again or will those who booked their seats already be randomly assigned?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQkid View Post
      When we booked a flight that shows a 3class config but if it were to change to a 4 class config, will the passengers be notified of the change and allow us to select seats again or will those who booked their seats already be randomly assigned?
      It depends. Sometimes they will reassign you to another seat. Sometimes they don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by zilchster View Post
        It depends. Sometimes they will reassign you to another seat. Sometimes they don't.
        Yea. Got booted out from 48A with no new seat assignment when the flight went from 4 class to 3 class. No other seat available so I thought I'd try 96 hours before departure.

Logged in 1 week before departure and found myself in 39A. Managed to get myself 56A 3 days before departure fortunately.

Comment

• SWU has been out of service since June 15. I wonder if it's seriously undergoing refit like SWZ

Comment

• Looks like effective today, June 21, First Day of Summer, both PVG (828/831) and PEK (806/801) will be operated by 77WRs. The poster mentioned this but not the actual date.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
              SWU has been out of service since June 15. I wonder if it's seriously undergoing refit like SWZ
              looks like all 77WN from 9V-SWU to 9V-SWZ will eventually be converted to 4 classes like 9V-SNA (and SNB,SNC). My next SQ2 had 2 rows of F and 2 rows J class at the front section, now it has been changed to 1 row of F and 3 rows of J cl at the front. But our seats remain 11DF (bulk head).

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
                looks like all 77WN from 9V-SWU to 9V-SWZ will eventually be converted to 4 classes like 9V-SNA (and SNB,SNC). My next SQ2 had 2 rows of F and 2 rows J class at the front section, now it has been changed to 1 row of F and 3 rows of J cl at the front. But our seats remain 11DF (bulk head).
                Yup I understand that. I'm just a bit surprised they're now taking 2 77WN at once.

Comment

• They need to further decrease their 3 class route imo ( or am I unaware of any route being changed to 77WR other than SQ1/2) . A few 77WR are flying those routes that the 77W and 77WN fly which I think they are lacking planes to use due to SWU and SWZ being refitted .

Comment

They need to further decrease their 3 class route imo ( or am I unaware of any route being changed to 77WR other than SQ1/2) . A few 77WR are flying those routes that the 77W and 77WN fly which I think they are lacking planes to use due to SWU and SWZ being refitted .
                    Again, the 77WR routes go unannounced and only some of us can check sources to get information on what route is expected to be a 77WR. Yeah, I think that's why most days SQ2 is getting the frame off SQ1 as there have been days 319 and 238 have only come with a 2006 77W frame. Last Monday it got SWG when it was initially supposed to get SWU off 238 not sure what happened there. Otherwise in most if not all cases, SQ2 gets the 77WN frame off 319 and 238 (provided if its a 77WN). In 1 month from today it will be a 77WR so it's still a good thing because SFO seems to still maintain 2013 cabin products and still want to keep consistent of that (for now) even if they use a 77WR.

Aside with that, SNA is doing SQ12/7 and anyway it is obvious enough evidence to know its now a 77WR.

Comment

• Another swap has occured on SQ2. it has gotten the Star Alliance liveried 9V-SWI. The second time in a month we're seeing this, initially it would have used SWV that came from SQ1 though it got sent back to HKG as SQ866.

Don't worry, we'll see Star Alliance liveried craft SWJ in SFO when SQ2/1 go 77WR next month.

Comment

Another swap has occured on SQ2. it has gotten the Star Alliance liveried 9V-SWI. The second time in a month we're seeing this, initially it would have used SWV that came from SQ1 though it got sent back to HKG as SQ866.

Don't worry, we'll see Star Alliance liveried craft SWJ in SFO when SQ2/1 go 77WR next month.
                        my friend was on that flight and he said they were delayed out of sin for 1.5 hrs so i am not sure if the plane broke down or something...

Comment

• SWS has been on the ground for about 3 days but is now flying as SQ211. Is that normal or could it have been a fault also?

Comment

SWS has been on the ground for about 3 days but is now flying as SQ211. Is that normal or could it have been a fault also?
                            Sounds normal to me. It can sometimes be maintenance too.

Also I confirmed from a source and stumbling Instagram photos that: SWY is fitted with 3D maps and all 77WN have the new UI touchscreen like the A350. Some 77WR however are still fitted with the older UI. I know next trip I'll get it but a friend who's into UX design told me he thinks the new UI is nice and very intuitive. I'm done with that now! :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
                              my friend was on that flight and he said they were delayed out of sin for 1.5 hrs so i am not sure if the plane broke down or something...
                              That really sucks, and if that was really the case they could have offloaded pax and put them into other available 77W, which at the time not very many 3-class planes and no available 77WN to take place as SWU and SWZ are out for retrofitting to 77WR

Comment

That really sucks, and if that was really the case they could have offloaded pax and put them into other available 77W, which at the time not very many 3-class planes and no available 77WN to take place as SWU and SWZ are out for retrofitting to 77WR
                                oh wow, no wonder...

Comment

Working...
                                X