Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
    Hopefully the new OnAir wifi will get tested and hope it will be time based. If I ever fly SQ15/16, hope mercy will have on me that I have the SN birds or fly the 77WN via HKG.

Aside from that, as for the maps, it's another story. SQ should eventually install the newer 3D maps on the 77WNs.
    9V-SWZ, to cite at least one 77WN, has the newer 3D Flight Path maps. Also has time-based T-Mobile Wi-Fi.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
      9V-SWZ, to cite at least one 77WN, has the newer 3D Flight Path maps. Also has time-based T-Mobile Wi-Fi.
      Hopefully by Summer it will be on all 77WNs (Even if it means SWU-SNA gets refitted after SWT)

Comment

• I can also confirm SWZ has the 3d-map app.

SQ15/16 is still operated by the old 77W.

Comment

• How can you tell if the flight will be operated with the new First and Business?
          Have there been some 77Ws refitted with the new First and Business?

Comment

• Originally posted by SkySuites View Post
            How can you tell if the flight will be operated with the new First and Business?
            Have there been some 77Ws refitted with the new First and Business?
            Yes, refitted 77W have PEY (9V-SWJ, K, L, M, N, O, and 9V-SNB, C) and also the new First, Business, and Economy Class seats.

As far as SQ15/16, for now it depends on which day you're going...Until mid February, you'll only get the new product Sunday and Wednesday, mid February Sun, Mon, Wed, Fri. March 13, it will be daily

Comment

• Interesting to know SQ227/228 got swapped to a old-config 77W (9V-SWB). Hope this doesn't happen to SQ2/1 again like it did in December. Pretty interesting swaps to see this month.

Comment

• The SQ222 SYD-SIN had the new 77W guaranteed for a while - it was marketed as such...of course last minute subs can happen.

Got to try it in December 2014 - the new F seat is great.

I think thew new delivery A380s will not have Suites but the new F class?

Comment

• Quick question: would anyone be able to advice if a refitted cabin for 2013 JCL be available for SQ62 ex-SIN April 9th?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ380 View Post
                    Quick question: would anyone be able to advice if a refitted cabin for 2013 JCL be available for SQ62 ex-SIN April 9th?
                    So far no evidence of the new cabin is forecasted for SQ62/61 according to fr24. Heard nothing about PEY. The fact that some 77WNs are getting freed up is making me wonder if SQ62/61 will have the new cabin without PEY.

Comment

• 9V-SWP hasn't been flying since 1/26. Sounds like it is definitely the next to be refitted (After all, it is the next letter in the alphabet). SWO is supposed to hatch by next week as it's been on the ground for 5 weeks. Just 4 more old frames left (up to SWT) to be refitted then it will be exciting to see what's next after.

Comment

• Hi..

I'm looking to fly from the EU to HND/NRT in June this year. Which flights should I take to score the new J seats?

Much thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by WittyBoston View Post
                          Hi..

I'm looking to fly from the EU to HND/NRT in June this year. Which flights should I take to score the new J seats?

Much thanks!
                          SQ 636 / 631 to/from HND

Comment

• Originally posted by bent View Post
                            SQ 636 / 631 to/from HND
                            Thanks so much!

Which EU-SIN flights though?

Comment

• Originally posted by WittyBoston View Post
                              Thanks so much!

Which EU-SIN flights though?
                              In general, any 77W flights departing from LHR, MAN, MUC of FRA.

MAN/MUC would involve a long connection time with SQ636 though. I'm not expert on Tokyo flights, but taking bent's suggestion for SQ636 I would recommend two options:

From LHR on SQ319/SQ636 or from FRA on SQ325/SQ636- both get into SIN around 1700 and have a 5.5 hour layover.

Return would be either to LHR on SQ631/SQ306 or to either MUC or MAN on SQ631/SQ328.

Comment

• SQ318 and SQ2 got swapped with a older 77W according to flightradar. 9V-SWF for 318 and 9V-SWT for SQ2. The poster was correct that HKG/SFO can be subject to equipment changes from new to old product. While I think for my future travel on SQ1/2 it is unlikely to happen, I think I'd stick with SQ15/16 just to enjoy the new product and 3D maps.

Yet at the same time, two ad-hoc substitutions took place -- 9V-SWV operated for Milan while 9V-SNA operated DXB, which was off SQ1 which was supposed to operate SQ2.

9V-SWW or 9V-SWU could have been operated but they somehow did not want to risk the late departure of SQ2 since there was some 77W on the ground, if older. Another interesting swap - Tuesday, SQ638/637 got 9V-SNB, a 77WR instead of a regular 77WN while SQ326 got 9V-SNA right off SQ1 (And of course turned back as SQ2 the next day), a 77WN instead of one of the PEY planes that were supposed to operate.

Comment

Working...
                                X