SIN AMS any news of newer J?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIN AMS any news of newer J?

I refuse to call it "new" business class..
    Anyhoo got a saver j booking at the end of May, has anyone heard when the 777-200ers will get replaced on this route? Its been a while and only AMS and copenhagen have them now from SIN to europe.

Cheers

Originally posted by 225 View Post
    Its been a while and only AMS and copenhagen have them now from SIN to europe.
    Rome, Athens and Istanbul...

Comment

I hope they dont i want to get a J Saver ticket from AMS.

Comment

Same here I want to get saver to/ from FCO and maybe AMS/CPH next year so keep them around for a bit longer. Or even better, let me book saver awards and then sub the a/c to 77W on my flights (yes one can dream).

BTW, how long is the opinion that SQ25/26 will remain a 744 service? I'm only interested in FRA-SIN or vv. but still wondering (I know it is very difficult getting C seats on this route but still an option)

But honestly, before paying 220K KF mls C RT for 1 pax I rather pay that for 2 pax and go on a Spacebed. yes the 'not so new' C seat on 77W / A380 / A345 is nicer but I will survive. Still beats the heck out of Eco . Rather than pay those ridiculous Standard Award rates I fly TG, LX, OS or even LH if I have to (using BD or LH awards though).
        Last edited by demue; 17 March 2011, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Will they have enough 77Ws to replace the 72Es?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
            Will they have enough 77Ws to replace the 72Es?
            Won't happen, SQ have no 77W's on order. All we can hope for is for SQ to refit the 77E cabins with the new long haul or regional J.

Comment

Don't get me wrong its great to still get the J saver even though its obviously not that easy, just hoping they do an equipment swap that day!

Not knowing the first thing about how they are made, surely it cant be that had to make the spacebeds go fully flat or swap out the screens for the new ones, even if its the current economy ones to get the better resolution?

Comment

Originally posted by Sethor View Post
                Won't happen, SQ have no 77W's on order. All we can hope for is for SQ to refit the 77E cabins with the new long haul or regional J.
                My understanding is that all destinations being served by 777-200ER ( 77E not 772 ) will carry on till replaced by A350 or 787.

So don't expect any refits for the 77E cabin.

In any case, 77E has best Y of all SQ aircraft: legroom, recline, softer seats

I bet the new A350/787 seats will be less comfortable

787 was originally planned for 2-4-2 seating. Now expected to be 3-3-3.

( but expect some "spin" as to what an improvement they are )

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                  In any case, 77E has best Y of all SQ aircraft: legroom, recline, softer seats
                  Agreed! When I first booked a flight to AMS I was hoping it might be replaced by a 77W before I flew cos I didn't like the idea of an older plane and thought it might be like the 744 Y (cramped legroom) but I was pleasantly surprised. The IFE unit isn't as advanced as the 77W, but it's not that much smaller, plus it comes with a really comfortable seat.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                    Agreed! When I first booked a flight to AMS I was hoping it might be replaced by a 77W before I flew cos I didn't like the idea of an older plane and thought it might be like the 744 Y (cramped legroom) but I was pleasantly surprised. The IFE unit isn't as advanced as the 77W, but it's not that much smaller, plus it comes with a really comfortable seat.
                    My most comfortable economy cabin long-haul from the far east to Europe remains TG. Especially them A346's

Comment

Working...
                    X