Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9V-SWT is operating the nighttime HND (636/631), which typically gets the 77WR with PEY. I think it's been almost 2 years since they had a swap to a 2006 77W.

Comment

• SWT seems to be doing odd routes like Jakarta, according to MainlyMiles but it's namely at least doing the MNL route on a daily basis. According to FR24, 910/917 are to be switched back to the 773 which will likely mean SWT is due next for retrofitting.

SWI is for sure in its 3rd week of retrofitting and by December 1st, HND (634/635) will be switched to the 77WR and December 28th we have a new evening HND route (630/639) being operated with the same aircraft.

Comment

• https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p3F...w?usp=drivesdk

Hi all, spotted this aircraft yesterday in MEL, without a doubt an ex SQ but registration is not 9V any more... anyone has any info on that frame ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Durian View Post
          https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p3F...w?usp=drivesdk

Hi all, spotted this aircraft yesterday in MEL, without a doubt an ex SQ but registration is not 9V any more... anyone has any info on that frame ?
          We can't see it I am afraid. You need to set the permissions on the file for public access.

Comment

• Originally posted by Durian View Post
            https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p3F...w?usp=drivesdk

That would have been one of the two ex-SQ birds leased to NZ from Boeing. ZK-OKI (ex-SVL) and ZK-OKJ (ex-SVG) are the regos.
            Last edited by a340-313x; 18 November 2018, 06:06 PM. Reason: Error in regos

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
              We can't see it I am afraid. You need to set the permissions on the file for public access.
              My bad, should be OK now !

Comment

• Yes, that was ZK-OKI. As mentioned by a340-313x above, it was the old 9V-SVL which entered into service with Air New Zealand on 7 Jul 2018.

Comment

• SWI has already approached its 6th week of retrofits. However, SWT is still the only 3-class 77W flying odd routes to MNL, CGK, PVG, HND (sometimes), MEL (both pairs it did on different occasions), HKG, and it did CDG (336/335) last week which is normally a 77WR route (??).

Many article sources have said SQ will be finished retrofitting the entire 77W fleet by the end of 2018 (which we are near), but it looks like sometime in 2019 is likely. I don't see any likelihood of SWT going in anytime soon, based on FR24 (i.e. look at SQ960, many days it will be getting a 77W) on the odd flights I've mentioned.

Could this be be because we have a 773 down (9V-SYH) that's causing SWT to fill in for the time being?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                    Could this be be because we have a 773 down (9V-SYH) that's causing SWT to fill in for the time being?

Yeah, what happened to SYH? Noticed it's been down for quite awhile. They do have enough 77Ws, so im surprised they'd choose to send SWT to their 77WR destinations.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                      Yeah, what happened to SYH? Noticed it's been down for quite awhile. They do have enough 77Ws, so im surprised they'd choose to send SWT to their 77WR destinations.
                      SQ802/807 to PEK is going 77WR tomorrow temporarily for the Holiday Season. SQ630/639 to HND will begin 77WR service from December 28th, and we just had SQ634/635 transition to the 77WR. SWI is likely to hatch next week or the week after next.

My guess will be once SYH is back in service, then SWT could begin undergoing retrofitting.

Comment

• Not sure this is the most appropriate thread to post, but there are several changes to the 380 flights in mid 2019.

JFK gets the 441 seater 380
                        MEL SQ 217/218 loses the 380 (except for a few weeks)
                        BOM and DEL gets 77W in lieu of 380 for a few weeks
                        NRT gets 380 replacing the 787-10.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...as-of-13dec18/

Comment

• Originally posted by zilchster View Post
                          Not sure this is the most appropriate thread to post, but there are several changes to the 380 flights in mid 2019.

JFK gets the 441 seater 380
                          MEL SQ 217/218 loses the 380 (except for a few weeks)
                          BOM and DEL gets 77W in lieu of 380 for a few weeks
                          NRT gets 380 replacing the 787-10.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...as-of-13dec18/
                          The MEL, DEL & BOM is fairly standard play for that time of year. Interesting to see NRT get the A380 back though.

The big surprise is FRA/JFK. Against all predictions they are adding seats to these flights instead of reducing. I have a couple thoughts on this:
                          1. confirms to me that they intend to refurbish the all upper-deck J set (SKL-T) first, as SQ26/5 requires the use of three A380s simultaneously and once they begin that work, these flights would soon run out of them;
                          2. the direct flights have really drained the upper deck and they'd rather squeeze in more summer tourists downstairs than hand out upgrades;
                          3. SQ26/5 may well end up being some of the last flights to retain 2006 interiors, just like they got the last of the 747s.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                            SYH went for an air test as SQ8877 and should return to revenue service tomorrow. This is where I can possibly predict SWT should be going in for a refit next.

SQ917 is being operated by SWT with currently no next assignment on iCargo currently. It might change later though.

We're just now waiting on SWI to hatch as it is already in its 8th week of retrofits. I think most 2006 77W have been out for a retrofit for at least 6-7 weeks as opposed to the former 77WN (6 weeks)

Comment

• Am I recalling correctly if i say there’s a full 3.5years between when SWJ was refitted to 77WR and when SWI/T are being fitted now?
                              That’s quite a Long gap!

Comment

• Am I recalling correctly when I say there’s a full 3.5years between when SWJ was refitted to 77WR and when SWI/T are being fitted today? That’s a Long gap!

And btw we haven’t talked about SKQ that has been away for almost 4 months... first A380 to receive new cabin?

Comment

Working...
                                X