SQ Business Fare Classes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ Business Fare Classes

With the introduction of the U class last year, what are the different booking classes available for Biz Class travel on SQ? I know Z class is the most expensive, but how are the rest - D,J,C - ranked?

Thanks.

Originally posted by 259850 View Post
    With the introduction of the U class last year, what are the different booking classes available for Biz Class travel on SQ? I know Z class is the most expensive, but how are the rest - D,J,C - ranked?

Thanks.
    Z, C, J, U, D from high to low in this order.

Comment

Thanks. Exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

Ok, here's my problem. I've got a U class ticket, with confirmed reservation for SFO-SIN on SQ15 on 30 May. I want to come back earlier on SQ1, but they're offering confirmation on only Z class. I'm not willing to fork out the $2k for the U to Z change. I've waitlisted on SQ1, while holding on to my confirmation on SQ15, but if my waitlist does not clear, can I just standby for SQ1 at the airport? I've done this successfully on regional routes like HKG and PVG, but am not sure if it makes a difference that this flight originates from the US, where TSA may have its own requirements.
        Last edited by 259850; 6 May 2015, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Ok, here's my problem. I've got a U class ticket, with confirmed reservation for SFO-SIN on SQ15 on 30 May. I want to come back earlier on SQ1, but they're only offering confirmation on Z class. Not willing to fork out the $2k for the change. I've waitlisted, but if my waitlist does not clear, can I just standby for SQ1 at the airport?
          I was told that within 3-4 days the local station will get control. I called the local office before (BLR) and it was cleared in hours. But this is provided the flight is not full.

Comment

Ok, here's my problem. I've got a U class ticket, with confirmed reservation for SFO-SIN on SQ15 on 30 May. I want to come back earlier on SQ1, but they're offering confirmation on only Z class. I'm not willing to fork out the $2k for the U to Z change. I've waitlisted on SQ1...
            Via expertflyer, availability right now for SQ1 is F2 A0 Z4 C4 J0 U0 Y1 B0 E0 M0 H0 G0 L0. Seat map suggests biz class is 60% full?

If I were you, I'd harrass SQ daily to ask them to send an urgent message to the controller to release a seat for you, since its merely booking class control at work here, not so much biz class is really full. From my experience, that tends to work. And it certainly helps if you're PPS ...

Comment

Originally posted by Dickson View Post
              Via expertflyer, availability right now for SQ1 is F2 A0 Z4 C4 J0 U0 Y1 B0 E0 M0 H0 G0 L0. Seat map suggests biz class is 60% full?

If I were you, I'd harrass SQ daily to ask them to send an urgent message to the controller to release a seat for you, since its merely booking class control at work here, not so much biz class is really full. From my experience, that tends to work. And it certainly helps if you're PPS ...
              I do these kind of 'harassment' quite regularly. Usually will work if within two weeks. Try more often after mid May.

And I also notice that 2 weeks out, the inventory can rebalance with more low fare classes opening in order to fill up seats. But no guarantee. inventory management is mind boggling science.

With regards to expertflyer, I do notice that sometimes it is not accurate for SQ. If U is showing on expertflyer, SQ doesn't have it. Only if D is shown as available then SQ has U. But it's a hit and miss. Sometimes it is like this sometimes it is not. But it's a good gauge still.

And If you have connection beyond Singapore even with stopover, the inventory will have to be checked as per final destination.

Comment

Thanks. I will start 'harassing' in a week or so if it doesn't clear.

Comment

I sent a polite email to PPS Coordinator this morning, and the waitlist confirmed this afternoon. Phew!

Comment

Working...
                  X