Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1N1 Precautions Onboard SQ

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
    Heard from someone that the Cabin Crew are now using plastic gloves on Aussie flights..is that true?
    On both SQ238 MEL-SIN and SQ227 SIN-MEL last week:
    - Crew don disposable plastic gloves when clearing up.
    - Hot towels replaced by disposable wet wipes.
    - Pax provided with masks.

There is a considerably higher number of H1N1 cases in Melbourne than other parts of Australia so this might be true only of MEL flights.
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 21 June 2009, 06:52 PM.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
    On both SQ238 MEL-SIN and SQ227 SIN-MEL last week:
    - Crew don disposable plastic gloves when clearing up.
    - Hot towels replaced by disposable wet wipes.
    - Pax provided with masks.

There is a considerably higher number of H1N1 cases in Melbourne than other parts of Australia so this might be true only of MEL flights.
    On SQ231 on Monday, SIN-SYD, none of the above precautions were taken.
    F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
      Heard from someone that the Cabin Crew are now using plastic gloves on Aussie flights..is that true?
      I think it's a little delicate trying to get the right mix of being careful and overdoing it.

TG don't seem able to make their minds up for a start. A few weeks ago I didn BKK-SGN, SGN-BKK and BKK-KUL. BKK-SGN normal flight. Then on boarding the a/c for SGN-BKK we were greeted with all the crew wearing face masks, which they kept on for the entire flight. Presuming that was a new policy I was then surprised to board the a/c for BKK-KUL the following to see not a single face mask.

Comment

Originally posted by SQJunkie View Post
        On SQ231 on Monday, SIN-SYD, none of the above precautions were taken.
        Nor on a recent AKL-SIN.

Comment

If airlines are going to carry on like this with H1 N1, they better do it every day of the year. Its time to move on from H1N1, its everywhere in Melbourne, and nobody is dropping dead. Move on people, we certainly have down here in Melbourne.
          My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

It was BAU for SQ 282 (AKL-SIN) that landed this morning.
            Maybe Australia's H1N1 situation is perceived as worse?

Comment

22 year old SQ Flight Attendant get H1N1

Below is a link to a Straits Times article on a SQ cabin crew member getting the virus.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_386510.html

cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                I think it's a little delicate trying to get the right mix of being careful and overdoing it.

TG don't seem able to make their minds up for a start. A few weeks ago I didn BKK-SGN, SGN-BKK and BKK-KUL. BKK-SGN normal flight. Then on boarding the a/c for SGN-BKK we were greeted with all the crew wearing face masks, which they kept on for the entire flight. Presuming that was a new policy I was then surprised to board the a/c for BKK-KUL the following to see not a single face mask.
                Same thing on CX really. Was on SIN-BKK and BKK-SIN last week and some of the crew were wearing masks while others weren't.

Comment

My doctor (in Melbourne) told me last week that Melbourne and Victoria is on some kind of travel not recommended list for Singaporeans. Ho -hum.

SQ238 MEL SIN yesterday they had the wet perfumed towels but I did not see the gloves or any masks except on a few of the passengers. When I asked about the towels I was told that it was a short term measure due to the virus.

I would not like to see this as the thin end of the wedge and the hot wet towels go to god.

Comment

Just did the BNE-SIN-KUL run today.. Hot Towels in player Ex-BNE.

Comment

flights to China cities are often if not always checked by the Vhina health authority personnel who will board the plane upom arrival at the gate and they uses a handheld tem scan to check every pax - this have been delaying flights for the past few weeks ex-China and esp if a pax have fever then it is a much longer delay in disembarking too.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                        Maybe you SHOULD stop by Cedars upon arriving. taipeiflyer has the ambulance.
                        HUGE AL

Comment

deleted
                          Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 10:59 PM. Reason: deleted

Comment

Originally posted by trekkie View Post
                            Last edited by trekkie; Today at 03:21 PM.. Reason: hotel name removed due to security reasons .
                            Why not try "I do walk by the crew hotel" no security threat in saying that...

Comment

BAU onboard SQ228 MEL-SIN yesterday... Hmm

However there was a sick pax onboard, and the crew donned masks during disembarkaton. We also had a rather elaborate welcome upon arriving at Changi.

Sick pax was traveling in a different cabin thankfully - last thing I want to do is to get quarantined!
                              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
                              X